Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Church School Shooting

Site Supporter
    Just the usual 'expert' on tv, folks on the Internet with BS explanations. So this person was trans. We've had White guys shooting up black churches, Black guys shooting up white police, white guys shooting up Sikhs, Antiabortion guys shooting abortion docs in church, Christians shooting up Jewish places of worship, Liberals shooting up Conservative ball games, Asian shooters - so every demographic is causal? Only if you don't like that demographic it seems.

As HCM said, the best we have is that a grievance of some type seems to lead to planning and the event. Add that to suicide in some as I mentioned as some kind of demonstration related to the grievance. In the case, the buying of guns in a manner not related to a real interest may be a red flag. However, we've had shooters who go to the range to actually practice their rampage.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    These people have such a vastly overinflated opinion of self it’s ridiculous….what you want to call yourself means nothing to the vast majority of people
    Just like the rest of us you’re just not that special or important

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    These people have such a vastly overinflated opinion of self it’s ridiculous….what you want to call yourself means nothing to the vast majority of people
    It’s not these people. They are our people and citizens of this country wether we like it or not. Live with it.

I know what I said earlier. But it is what it is.

Which is also a problem- we've become the most narcissistic, spoiled, self-focused, self-worshipping to the point of sociopathy society probably ever. It was true when Tom Wolfe first penned The “Me” Decade and the Third Great Awakening almost 50 years ago, and even more true now in our TickBook Influencer Era. Pretty much everyone alive today has grown up being basically told "you are the god of this world".
    The very important lesson that we aren't that important, that life went on fine before us and will continue long after we inevitably die is not being taught.

Our culture has become one where we've passed "There's No Such Thing As Bad Publicity" and done gone full on into the idea that one would much rather have bad publicity over good.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Which is also a problem- we've become the most narcissistic, spoiled, self-focused, self-worshipping to the point of sociopathy society probably ever. It was true when Tom Wolfe first penned The “Me” Decade and the Third Great Awakening almost 50 years ago, and even more true now in our TickBook Influencer Era. Pretty much everyone alive today has grown up being basically told "you are the god of this world".
    The very important lesson that we aren't that important, that life went on fine before us and will continue long after we inevitably die is not being taught.

Our culture has become one where we've passed "There's No Such Thing As Bad Publicity" and done gone full on into the idea that one would much rather have bad publicity over good.
    Elon musk will change that for $8 a month so your a verified account.

I believe that what you are describing is the objective of identity politics itself; that the mere aspect of one's identity is how we are all to be defined while merit and the content of one's character is deemed irrelevant.

That's why the idea of ''misgendering'' is such a big deal to the media and liberals, one and the same.

What a brave new world.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I believe that what you are describing is the objective of identity politics itself; that the mere aspect of one's identity is how we are all to be defined while merit and the content of one's character is deemed irrelevant.

That's why the idea of ''misgendering'' is such a big deal to the media and liberals, one and the same.

What a brave new world.
    Well said. Actions speak louder than words I’ll add. Most are not going to plan a mass shooting. Some have their grievances real or perceived. Few would burn the world.

Site Supporter
    Nashville Covenant school headmaster hailed as hero in wake of shooting: 'She protected her children'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville...ected-children

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Police radio. 'We have a suspect of unknown gender, running east on Hollywood Blvd wearing dark pants, a blue sweatshirt carrying a rifle'.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    It’s not these people. They are our people and citizens of this country wether we like it or not. Live with it.

I know what I said earlier. But it is what it is.
    I disagree, it is these people as in this particular subset of people/citizens
    What other subset of people get this upset and cause this much problems over something as trivial as how they are addressed?

User Tag List