Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    very similar to 2nd gen viper vs 3rd gen viper.
    ...or Z3 and Z4. The Z3 had the semi-trailing arm rear from the E30 with all its squat under hard acceleration and occasional tail-wagging; as a consequence it feels a lot faster than the robotic Z4 with its modern multilink setup.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ...or Z3 and Z4. The Z3 had the semi-trailing arm rear from the E30 with all its squat under hard acceleration and occasional tail-wagging; as a consequence it feels a lot faster than the robotic Z4 with its modern multilink setup.
    I test drove a Z4 3.0is. I think the Z4 is the most beautiful car on the market, especially the rag top. The inside is perfect. I love its character and aesthetics.

Driving it was so unbelievably underwhelming. Electronic steering? Vomit. Couldn't feel anything from the road. If they had kept a mechanical steering rack, I think the car really would have had a shot at being one of BMWs all-time hits.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I drove a Z4 for three years. I loved it. I may be ignorant.
    Ignore Alien Orders

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Yeah, I've had people who've never owned or even spent much (if any) time behind the wheel of my car tell me it's wrong, too. My wife thinks the ride is too hard. Others tell me it's too soft. I happen to enjoy it. I got more pleasure, excitement, challenge, and thrill driving from Bob Evans in Marietta OH out to Ken Hackathorn's old range at Ft Harmar on those twisty, up and down, paved, gravel, and dirt roads than I did going around the track at Barber Motorsports in a Carrera S. At that was with my last one, almost 30hp less.

I actually wouldn't mind playing around with a z3. Put a ls1 up against the firewall

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The Z4 is an enjoyable car to drive and objectively superior to its predecessor in every measurable way.

When I had the chance to trade up, though, I didn't.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

The Z4 is an enjoyable car to drive and objectively superior to its predecessor in every measurable way.

When I had the chance to trade up, though, I didn't.
    I am in a life position devoid of roadsters for at least 10 years. I has a massive sad.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I drive a 2004 Toyota RAV4. Sprightly, stupidly reliable, lets me carry camping equipment, decent mileage, and enough clearance to let me handle some of the bumpy desert back roads out here. Not my first choice in transportation, but I coulda done a lot worse.

I am in a life position devoid of roadsters for at least 10 years. I has a massive sad.
    Then you had a mechanical steering. I was referring to the current generations of Z4, which have electric steering......hence my comment about Z4's with electric steering.

ETA: err, maybe it was only the M that had conventional hydraulic steering. Maybe all the standard Z4 models had electric steering...I can't remember.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-09-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My experience in one is limited...but with the traction control off it's pretty tail happy. I'm by no means a skilled drifter, but on the track I didn't exit a single turn with the steering wheel turned the right way. I thought my passenger was going to throw up, but I had fun.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List