Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: .38 Super Commander and Government Model

Well, I hate to hear of all the problems with the Wilson stuff, but glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've had the most problems with their 47D mags, in any 1911, than any other quality brand that I've tried. I quit buying them years ago. I don't think I'll try the later mags, either.

Guns that would run reliably with a Metalform, McCormick, Colt, Star, etc., would sometimes choke on the 47Ds at times. Both 7rd and 8rd versions. (I ended up changing all of them to 7rd, but it didn't fix them.) All were .45, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Well, I hate to hear of all the problems with the Wilson stuff, but glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've had the most problems with their 47D mags, in any 1911, than any other quality brand that I've tried. I quit buying them years ago. I don't think I'll try the later mags, either.

Guns that would run reliably with a Metalform, McCormick, Colt, Star, etc., would sometimes choke on the 47Ds at times. Both 7rd and 8rd versions. (I ended up changing all of them to 7rd, but it didn't fix them.) All were .45, though.
    Never used them in a .45, but the ETM is my top choice for my 9mm. The 47D has always been problematic. They aren't great, they're just better than what came before.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The southwestern part of my state has a very high Latino population, due to numerous packing plants. Because they're legal to own in Mexico, every gunshop always had one or two Supers on the shelf. Always nickel plated, with fake pearl grips and often with gold plated small parts. Good times.
    Somebody in southern AZ bought mine. Probably in MX right now. They are flashy. I always said it would double as a mirror to signal aircraft in case you needed to be rescued.

I think the ELCN was polished stainless steel IIRC.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Somebody in southern AZ bought mine. Probably in MX right now. They are flashy. I always said it would double as a mirror to signal aircraft in case you needed to be rescued.

I think the ELCN was polished stainless steel IIRC.
    They were stainless. I used to come upon one from time to time, but I was always cash poor when that would happen.

The local gunstore in our town always kept several bling, bling guns on the shelf. Nickel and gold 1911s, Taurus PT92s with the same appointments. Always plastic pearly grips. Once, I asked him why. He laughed and told me, pay day was Friday at the plant and he knew he'd sell some.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The only issue I’ve had across several 38 supers in both government and commander size is that some mags will lock the slide back with 1 rd left.

User Tag List