Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster options for OG Walther P-99

Holster options for OG Walther P-99

Well, it seems to be the day for holster questions...

Anyone have knowledge on currently available holsters for the original 1996-2008 Walther P99 standard size pistol? I am in need of a OWB and IWB option.
    (I'm not ready for AIWB and probably won't go that route.)
    I'm agnostic on Leather vs Kydex.

Thanks!
    “If future historians look back to our time and scratch their heads for a dominant theme, pretending not to notice obvious patterns seems a pretty good starting point.” -David Thompson

I carried a P99 as my first “serious” carry gun before my current and ongoing 1911 phase. PPQ holsters work, or at least often do. I know from personal experience with multiple examples that JMCK PPQ holsters work; various 5” PPQ M2 holsters are what I primarily used for most of the time I carried a P99. They’re still in use by a friend with a PPQ and, as far as I know, the folks who bought my P99s.

Besides JM that opens up potential options from Dark Star and presumably others.

Please note this only applies to the “Gen 2” P99s with the rounded trigger guard. The first generation with the swept trigger guard, not so much.

Edit: if by 1996-2008 you mean the swept trigger guard guns then obviously this doesn’t help. I don’t know when “Gen 2” happened but rereading your post I assume 2008…

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I carried a P99 as my first “serious” carry gun before my current and ongoing 1911 phase. PPQ holsters work, or at least often do. I know from personal experience with multiple examples that JMCK PPQ holsters work; various 5” PPQ M2 holsters are what I primarily used for most of the time I carried a P99. They’re still in use by a friend with a PPQ and, as far as I know, the folks who bought my P99s.

Besides JM that opens up potential options from Dark Star and presumably others.

Please note this only applies to the “Gen 2” P99s with the rounded trigger guard. The first generation with the swept trigger guard, not so much.

Edit: if by 1996-2008 you mean the swept trigger guard guns then obviously this doesn’t help. I don’t know when “Gen 2” happened but rereading your post I assume 2008…
    Yes, the swept trigger guard variant is the one I mean. I'll check with the holster folks mentioned to see what they say. Thanks!
    “If future historians look back to our time and scratch their heads for a dominant theme, pretending not to notice obvious patterns seems a pretty good starting point.” -David Thompson

Insane Kydex Creations makes P99 holsters.
    https://insanekydexcreations.com/iwb...ydex-holsters/

The one I had years ago for a SW99 wasn’t bad.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post

Actually, if I remember correctly a JMCK PPQ holster was a perfect fit for a generation 1 P99. (Although admittedly this was a few years ago.) If you look at a PPQ, it has the same kind of squared trigger guard as a first generation P99, so I do believe that all or at least most PPQ holsters should work.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Actually, if I remember correctly a JMCK PPQ holster was a perfect fit for a generation 1 P99. (Although admittedly this was a few years ago.) If you look at a PPQ, it has the same kind of squared trigger guard as a first generation P99, so I do believe that all or at least most PPQ holsters should work.
    I thought I remembered reading somewhere it didn’t work, but that could be wrong. It’s likely worth a try just because if it does work your options open up considerably - especially since if PPQ holsters work, many PDP holsters should as well. Dark Star comes to mind as specifically designing their PDP stuff to be backwards compatible with PPQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Well, it seems to be the day for holster questions...

Anyone have knowledge on currently available holsters for the original 1996-2008 Walther P99 standard size pistol? I am in need of a OWB and IWB option.
    (I'm not ready for AIWB and probably won't go that route.)
    I'm agnostic on Leather vs Kydex.

Thanks!
    I can help you out on the IWB part if you want… Got a never used Blade Tech laying around for a Gen 1 P99… sorry for the crappy cell pic, let me know if you can use it, I’ll put it in the mail..

Best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Actually, if I remember correctly a JMCK PPQ holster was a perfect fit for a generation 1 P99.
    FWIW, I'm using a JMCK PPQ IWB3 for my '16 production P99Cs. I just live with the extra 1/2".

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, I'm using a JMCK PPQ IWB3 for my '16 production P99Cs. I just live with the extra 1/2".
    Very useful info, thank you!

I neglected to mention in my original post that the pistol in question is a .40 S & W model, which slide is 3 mm/ .20 inches wider, and the barrel is also 3mm/.20 inches longer than the 9mm variant.

User Tag List