Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qustion about actual vs claimed capacity of Glock 17 magazine

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    This is why you should count while loading mags, to ensure you NEVER exceed capacity.
    Especially in Glock mags, as in years past they have been known to not have the witness holes align very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Has anyone had any experiences with or have knowledge of OEM Glock 17 mags accepting 18 rounds of ammo? I am just asking from a technical standpoint, not whether one should or should not load an extra round. I am not Glock guy and have no magazines to experiment with.

Thanks.
    Yes, personal experience. I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 mag (metal liner visible in the mag catch cutouts/black follower) that can take 18 rounds. At the time this was detected it was a carry mag. Now it is old, beat up, wears a Zev extension and is filled with dummy rounds for dry fire.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was trying to get a quick feel for the likelihood of 18 rounds being loaded in a Glock 17 mag for reasons I cannot publicly discuss, but the issue has suddenly gotten resolved.
    I have accidentally loaded 18 more than a few times using an Uplula.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    If anything, on my Glock magazines, particularly those used as reload magazines, I'll deliberately underload by 1 round to allow for more spring compression when reloading when the slide is in battery.

Best, Jon
    I’m used to loading one under into Glock magazines because our range gave us 16 to load into the 17. All the Glock guys got one less round per magazine.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Thank you all for your input. It was technical issue related to a court case and the issue ended up getting resolved shortly after I posted the question. At the time i posted, I did not have ready access tot he magazine in question and was trying to get some general information in the absence of being able to test the issue.

I managed to get 16 in my duty 19 magazine. I pulled the rounds out to switch to the new duty ammo and placing them into a generic 50 round box… one magazine didn’t stop when at the third row. Didn’t remember forcing or anything previously when loading.

But most get less because the stack gets messed up during loading. We make all the officers count them out when loading, being we don’t want issues.

User Tag List