Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good shoot against hostage taker in OK Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Approaching for a contact or near-contact shot against a hostage taker is actually pretty widely discussed. I've seen it used in LE FOF exercises in more than one place.
    Nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

AAR from the department involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmI2WAupHRY#at=1167

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Approaching for a contact or near-contact shot against a hostage taker is actually pretty widely discussed. I've seen it used in LE FOF exercises in more than one place.
    And outside of using a sniper rifle the best way to not shoot the hostage.

I am firmly of the opinion that folks who think they can line up a pistol shot on a bad guy's noggin at 7 yards, and that he will stand there and let you, are completely out of touch with reality. We know from the Force Science info that a person can move fast enough to get shot in the back when a copper has made the decision to shoot the bad guy in the front. This dynamic is very much in play with a hostage thrown into the mix. I won't get too deep into TTPs, but I have seen a lot of cops shoot a lot of hostages in FoF scenarios when they try the square range solution.

User Tag List