Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Demotion One Level??

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's a simple question. I'll remind you that you're not in the Romper Room.

How is this a DOJ failure at all levels?
    I said its an example of doj failure at all levels.

Unless this demotion was internal and didnt involve the corrupt doj.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post

DOJ is not involved as spelled out in the very first paragraph of the linked article.

New Orleans Police Department is demoting a high-ranking female officer who was one of the force's faces after she was exposed as a fraudster who clocked herself in at work while moonlighting as a paid private security guard.
    ETA: it was first investigated by local reporters

Fox8 journalists Lee Zurnik and Danah Sauer completed a painstaking investigation which saw them request traffic camera records via the Freedom of Information Act, and uncover Richardson's silver Chevy driving to off-duty details while she was at work.
    This is where local citizens need to call/ show up to meetings at city council folks and bombard the Mayor and DAs to get anything else to happen.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 10-08-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Alright, I politely gave you a chance and you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about and are just trying to post politically oriented, baseless drivel, and are being a cunt on top of that, let's go ahead and end this now:

In the United States, there are two sovereign governments: any of the given states, and the federal government.

In the United States, general policing is a state's issue and addressed by a given state's constitution.

In the United States, unlike most other countries, that means that state/local/county police departments do not report to the various federal entities, to include the US Department of Justice. The DOJ is not in the New Orleans chain of command, nor any other state/county/local police agency. Administrative issues such as personnel conduct, suitability and discipline are not handled by the US Dept of Justice, even if a level of oversight is required by a consent decree.

Moreover, the DOJ does not even have jurisdiction over the criminal charges featured in this topic. While the FBI has a public corruption jurisdiction, this is basically just timesheet fraud......an issue that was handled appropriately at the state level, with state charges.

So, next time, why don't you check yourself before you wreck yourself and just shut the fuck up when you clearly don't know what you're talking about and just want to throw out dumbass comments.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter

Demotions are always internal. A demotion is an administrative action taken by an employer. The DOJ would be involved in the demotion...of a DOJ employee.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    In the United States, there are two sovereign governments: any of the given states, and the federal government.

In the United States, general policing is a state's issue and addressed by a given state's constitution.
    Point of order. Recognized tribal governments = three.

Everything else is spot on.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Point of order. Recognized tribal governments = three.

Everything else is spot on.
    Damn! Good catch!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Sh*thole

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    DOJ is not involved as spelled out in the very first paragraph of the linked article.

ETA: it was first investigated by local reporters

This is where local citizens need to call/ show up to meetings at city council folks and bombard the Mayor and DAs to get anything else to happen.
    Reminder: this is New Orleans

The mayor is currently defending herself for flying around the world to BS meetings in first class…..and living rent free in a French Quarter condo. Nuff said…
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Snark?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What would the DOJ have to do with it?
    SNARK…..the only way it makes sense.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

It doesn't matter what state this happened in, it's not a federal crime. If it had been in my own department, it could have been investigated internally or by the state's bureau of investigation.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Could Paul possibly be referring to the Louisiana State Department of Justice, like their Attorney General’s office and not the federal DOJ? As everyone else has already explained, the federal DOJ has less than nothing to do with this. They don’t generally investigate municipal employees committing time sheet fraud.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List