Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Pics from today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's just me being silly. More a jab at the name than the gun itself.

No worse than naming a firearms company after a musical note. Maybe they should have just used one letter. Like a Q or a Z or something. Or just used a punctuation mark for the company. I'd suggest a "!"

Name:  C8196B10-518D-4712-9D4C-A61A2336BB96.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  16.0 KB?

I need to find one of these to handle. I’ve been considering a Staccato, but choice is good.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Another 50 rounds through the BUL today as well. This gun has been reliable from Day One. What am I at now? 200 rounds I think.

I do note that one of the original two mags that came with the gun will no longer lock the slide open. The follower is getting underneath the lobe on the slide stop but isn't pushing it up enough to lock the slide open. I assume I'm seeing some spring fatigue.

One other comment on mags. The top round doesn't slide forward as far in the BUL as it does in the Prodigy. Not a big deal either way. Just something I've noticed.

200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Name:  C8196B10-518D-4712-9D4C-A61A2336BB96.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  16.0 KB?

I need to find one of these to handle. I’ve been considering a Staccato, but choice is good.
    It would be nice to be able to compare the Staccato P DPO, the Prodigy and the BUL SAS II TAC all side by side.

Had I known the Prodigy was coming out--or was about to be released--I may not have bought the BUL. With that said, what drew me to the particular BUL I bought was the aluminum frame. These guns can get terribly heavy in short order. Especially once accessories are added and the mag is stuffed full of 147 gr ammo.

It would be nice to be able to compare the Staccato P DPO, the Prodigy and the BUL SAS II TAC all side by side.

Had I known the Prodigy was coming out--or was about to be released--I may not have bought the BUL. With that said, what drew me to the particular BUL I bought was the aluminum frame. These guns can get terribly heavy in short order. Especially once accessories are added and the mag is stuffed full of 147 gr ammo.

Laughs in 255gr swc

Site Supporter
    Fairly informative Prodigy video...if the link work's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8G2OdoH6IQ

My experiences with a couple of SA 9mm single stacks that might carry over to the DS.

More recoil spring helped operation but I did not want to count on it to cram reluctant rounds into the chamber.
    FLG reduced the ramp angle and rounded the chamber mouth for smooth feeding.
    Case support? Still as good as other 9mms in the house.

A hard bump over the disconnector turned out to be a raw sharp edge on the sear spring actually digging into the bevel and holding up the disconnector. A Colt sear spring and polishing out the gouges on the disconnector fixed that.

A conventional trigger job is holding up on the factory MIM parts. Less mainspring and a steel firing pin were the only replacements besides the sear spring.

Factory extractor did not hold tension, Wilson does.

Slide stop prematured, I took off too much, had to replace it with a 10-8 which I like for its broad shelf in IDPA slide lock reloading.

The @#$&* two piece guide rod can be Loctited solid and drilled for a capture pin.

Comment on Bul. A shortened GM in lieu of a Commander may show short recoil spring life. If you can cobble up a flat wire spring and guide, it will last much better.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

The @#$&* two piece guide rod can be Loctited solid and drilled for a capture pin.
    That's a quite good idea. What size hole for the capture pin?

Beats me. FLG drilled mine to freely accept a takedown tool bent out of 1/16" welding wire, lots stronger than a paperclip. But I don't know the hole size or drill number, and I don't have a drill index to gauge with.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Call to customer service made this morning. A replacement trigger guard bushing screw has been ordered. I also ordered an extra 17rd mag and the A14 RMR plate.

User Tag List