Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going for a Glock 17 Gen 5 Mos - RDS sights? Indulge another RDS question.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Big problem - wife is detecting the wave of purchases which mean more reciprocal purchases of things to spruce up the house. As I've mentioned elsewhere, my 1911 was the 'you got that, we get new drapes' gun.
    I tell my wife to buy whatever she wants, don't like the couch? Buy a new one, but she knows what may happen; new gun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Now I have a G17 for each hand!
    We'll call you "Chow Yun Fat" from now on.

--Jason--

Site Supporter
    To raise the dead - as I mentioned in the what did you shoot thread, I took the Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with a SRO to a match.

1. I shot pretty decently. I could hit a small popper at a distance with it. My screw ups were me rather than the setup. Bad grip if I rush, etc. Forgot a target in a complicated stage where almost everyone forgot a target!

I had the gun zeroed and test fired by a smith as I am a klutz. I had a friend of a friend install it but my zeroing wasn't that hot originally. I admit I am not that good on those sort of things, so I spent the money. It is now pretty well on.

I like the combo and thanks for the suggestions.

Used an excellent JM holster which held it snugly. Not a competition holster but a carry one as I like to shoot close to carry gear as that is what I try to get out of matches.

Thought I would come back to finish this.

I don't know if I would RDS on a carry gun like my EDC. I shoot a G26 decently with irons and with concealed carry on the verge of being wiped out in NYS by the unintended consequences of NYSPRA (unless the courts act in real time), I going to spend my money on other fun.

User Tag List