Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: P365x vs. xl

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I took a small chance and bought 3; figured they can’t be any worse.

Ouch me and my pocketbook miss Glock mags.
    I will try to reach them by phone tomorrow and see what I learn. Hopefully the different finish shows in this photo of one of mine.

Name:  CBEF5CAF-2E13-4214-87C4-E8ED6E5D12A1.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  23.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Says factory mag. $51!!! Thought I saw them for $46 which isn’t much better but damn!

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I have a friend with a G48 that I had tried several times before going with the sig platform. The sig platform accepts holosun k series red dots out the box, has better sights, better mag capacity, is softer shooting, and has the chassis frame system so I can stipple a frame and then have a new frame ready to go. The sig platform is also a better deal since

The G43x/G48 is such an inferior platform in my eyes but I'm probably biased. I would take the shield plus over the G43x/g48, and the sig over both. I have no experience with the hellcat.
    As an obvious glock fan, I would pick the p365 or p365xl over any of glocks offerings. My wife carries a p365xl daily.

That said I like the cr920 over the p365xl

Site Supporter
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-LTT-SCD/page5

In post #50 Elwin recounts a conversation he had with Tom Jones about a possible design for fully tensioned strikers

So I can’t say whether or not that would work on a p365, but it seems like the most likely option

Site Supporter
    Picked up my P365x from the FFL yesterday after work, and I’m liking it so far. The grip is very thin, which makes gripping and presenting the gun harder than a full sized glock. That being said, it’s pretty easy to keep the dot still while quickly bumping the trigger in dry fire. Not a phenomenal indicator, but the better I can do that, typically the better I can shoot the gun in live fire.

In an enigma, at or below the belt line, the gun absolutely disappears. It’s going to take some effort to make that a comfortable option in the long term, but as it stands it’s pretty easy to switch the gun from above the belt line to below. The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.

I’m very much looking forward to shooting this gun, I foresee it being a great carry option for me. The addition of a more substantial grip (either Wilson or Boresight) and a comp will only make it better.

Proven outfitters usually has good prices on Sig mags. They have a pretty good break on 3 mags.
    Not sure about the manufacturer of the 365 mags. I have ordered several P320mags from them and
    Received both Italian and U.S. manufactured mags.
    https://www.provenoutfitters.com/p36...t-9mm-magazine

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Picked up my P365x from the FFL yesterday after work, and I’m liking it so far. The grip is very thin, which makes gripping and presenting the gun harder than a full sized glock. That being said, it’s pretty easy to keep the dot still while quickly bumping the trigger in dry fire. Not a phenomenal indicator, but the better I can do that, typically the better I can shoot the gun in live fire.

In an enigma, at or below the belt line, the gun absolutely disappears. It’s going to take some effort to make that a comfortable option in the long term, but as it stands it’s pretty easy to switch the gun from above the belt line to below. The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.

I’m very much looking forward to shooting this gun, I foresee it being a great carry option for me. The addition of a more substantial grip (either Wilson or Boresight) and a comp will only make it better.
    The Wilson and PMM make for good addition's

Site Supporter
    First range trip with the p365x today, it was about what I expected. It’s a great gun with great accuracy potential for its size, and while it takes extra work to shoot well, it takes less than I thought. After getting it zeroed I was able to shoot a 94 3x at 25 yards with my carry ammo, and shoot a 96 in about 7 seconds on the Test with it. Overall, I like it quite a bit.

Name:  24A152AB-08C3-483B-93AA-D09E81A6E9EF.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  31.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.
    Same here. That’s the one thing I did to the OEM grip module, as I found the beaver tail was fouling my grip on the draw. It was a good feeling that if I screwed up, I could fix it with a new module.

User Tag List