Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems CR920

I am generally concerned about any change I make on a gun. It will require vetting.

https://www.gunsprings.com/

Here is the site page. I have been using the 5 pound striker spring in a number of Glocks since 2018 and have yet to experience a light strike. Just the same. I won’t trust it until I test it.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 05-30-2022 at 06:34 AM.

The comped G43x upper on the CR920 lower was flawless in the first 50 rounds attempted. Extraction and ejection were perfect.

The CR920 in stock form ejected brass into my hat a number of times and hit the right side of my ear pro once, narrowly missing my glasses. This was shooting Federal Premuim LE 124 HST. When I picked up the brass I found three of my cases 6-8 feet to my left. I am not sure if those are the ones that bounced off of my hat.

Then this:
    Name:  IMG_7842.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  66.2 KB

I am going to remove the optic and make sure that Loctite did not migrate into the extractor plunger channel. The optic mounting instructions that came with the gun state to put a drop of Loctite on the shoulder of the mounting screw so it will take up the open space between the screw and the screw hole in the optic. I suppose it is possible that some thread locker may have worked its way over to the extractor area. I sure hope so, because customer service at Shadow Systems is nonexistent. I emailed them on 5/12 and 5/24 trying to get answers to my first set of questions. There has been no response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The comped G43x upper on the CR920 lower was flawless in the first 50 rounds attempted. Extraction and ejection were perfect.

The CR920 in stock form ejected brass into my hat a number of times and hit the right side of my ear pro once, narrowly missing my glasses. This was shooting Federal Premuim LE 124 HST. When I picked up the brass I found three of my cases 6-8 feet to my left. I am not sure if those are the ones that bounced off of my hat.

Then this:

I am going to remove the optic and make sure that Loctite did not migrate into the extractor plunger channel. The optic mounting instructions that came with the gun state to put a drop of Loctite on the shoulder of the mounting screw so it will take up the open space between the screw and the screw hole in the optic. I suppose it is possible that some thread locker may have worked its way over to the extractor area. I sure hope so, because customer service at Shadow Systems is nonexistent. I emailed them on 5/12 and 5/24 trying to get answers to my first set of questions. There has been no response at all.
    This is the feed issue I will periodically get

Like I said I may just end up running a Glock 43 upper

I have three Shadow Systems pistols, and I am more enthusiastic about the frames than the slides. I wish they sold just frames.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have confirmed that Loctite did not migrate into the extractor plunger.

I will reach out to my gun club where I bought it and see if they have any pull with Shadow Systems for getting something done.

For what it’s worth. I had the bright idea to chop the grip on an extra 43x frame and use the cr920 mags with a shield arms steel mag release. So I went ahead and bought one of the 10 rounders to see if it would be possible, however the mag release cutouts aren’t the same and don’t line up. The cr920 mag release cutout appears lower and it’s a smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have three Shadow Systems pistols, and I am more enthusiastic about the frames than the slides. I wish they sold just frames.
    Lol I see you are a man of culture. I edc a mr920 frame with a g19 oem slide w/ 509T.

I love the frames. The slides themselves generally get sold.

Then this:

Just ordered a new G43x slide to vet on the cr920 and it if works consistently will run that.

My cr920 rarely has issues but will once in a while (maybe 5 times in 1k rounds) If the g43x slide runs will have a cr920 slide up for sale

I got a surprisingly quick response from Shadow Systems. They will be sending me a shipping label. Let's see how this goes.

I got a surprisingly quick response from Shadow Systems. They will be sending me a shipping label. Let's see how this goes.
    Nice! Maybe the crazy is less now

User Tag List