Page 20 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter
    “Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said Wednesday that 40 minutes to an hour elapsed from when Ramos opened fire on the school security officer to when the tactical team shot him.
    “The bottom line is law enforcement was there,” McCraw said. “They did engage immediately. They did contain (Ramos) in the classroom.””
    But a law enforcement official said that once in the building, the Border Patrol agents had trouble breaching the classroom door and had to get a staff member to open the room with a key. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk publicly about the investigation.”
    Source:

https://www.police1.com/mass-casualt...k6Yr6E-AOs2DYQ

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Uvalde Shooter Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uvalde-...se-11653588161
    If the WSJ article is correct, police were cuffing, pepper spraying and tazering parents outside of the school. Insanity.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Perspective on the weapons:

The last one of these we had around here, about four years ago, the asshole used an 870 and a revolver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_...chool_shooting
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    There is a lot of hyperbole and bad reporting in the MSM. Below is a timeline posted by Author Chris Hernandez which seems to be the best I've seen so far:

Based on what I’ve learned through official press conferences and open source reporting, here’s my understanding of how the Uvalde massacre unfolded:
    1-Shooter sends friend a FB message saying “I’m going to shoot my grandmother.”
    2-Shooter is involved in a domestic altercation and shoots his grandmother.
    3-Shooter sends a second FB message saying “I shot my grandmother.”
    4-Shooter sends FB message saying “I’m going to shoot up the elementary school.”
    5-Shooter takes grandmother’s truck, drives toward school, and crashes into a ditch roughly 100-150 yards from the school.
    6-Employees of a funeral home a short distance away come outside to investigate, shooter fires at them but misses.
    7-Shooter, wearing a plate carrier with mag pouches but no armor, leaves one rifle in the truck and walks toward school with one rifle and a bag of loaded magazines.
    8-Shooter climbs school fence into parking lot and opens fire on school from outside.
    (8A- No officer or security guard is on campus. 911 calls are made from school. Shooter walks around outside shooting for up to twelve minutes [not yet confirmed, waiting on timeline].)
    9-Shooter enters school through unlocked rear door.
    10-Uvalde PD and ISD PD officers arrive and make entry to school within four minutes of shooter’s entry.
    11-Officers encounter shooter in a hallway and exchange gunfire. Two officers may have been hit and wounded. Officers retreat to cover but stay inside school.
    12-Shooter enters classroom through unlocked door and locks door behind him, effectively barricading himself inside.
    (12A-Uvalde officers advance on classroom but have no entry tools and are unable to breach door. Shooter reportedly fires on them and forces them to retreat again. Uvalde officers call for assistance.)
    13-Within the next few minutes, the majority of victims are killed.
    14-As additional officers arrive, some are sent outside to maintain perimeter security.
    15-Officers inside treat situation as a “barricaded suspect” or hostage event and attempt to establish contact. Shooter never responds. Shots are fired periodically inside classroom.
    16-Approximately an hour after shooter entered classroom, a tactical team composed of four CBP officers and several locals uses a key to make entry.
    17-Immediately upon entry they are fired upon, and kill the shooter.
    Caveat: official reporting and information released at press conferences has been extremely confusing and contradictory. Open source reporting and witness reports have sometimes contradicted all official reporting. The timeline I’ve created is almost certainly flawed and will be amended as additional information is presented.
    Major takeaway: if officers remained outside for an hour while shots were being fired inside a classroom, this will become a Columbine-like example of what cops shouldn’t do.

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    If the WSJ article is correct, police were cuffing, pepper spraying and tazering parents outside of the school. Insanity.
    If that's true, then it's truly a shame, BUT, you have to let folks do their job's.
    I wasn't there, nor do I know anyone who was, but I'll wager to my last PF dollar that there wasn't a single troop on scene who was half-stepping.

If BORTAC had trouble gaining entry, I can't imagine what more bodies outside that door is going to accomplish.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...mily-confirms/

Husband of slain teacher dies ‘of grief,’ family confirms
    Family says Joe Garcia died, asked for prayers

UVALDE, Texas – The husband of one of the teachers who was shot and killed at Robb Elementary School while trying to protect her students has also died, family members confirm.

Irma Garcia’s husband, Joe, “passed away due to grief,” a nephew posted on Twitter.

According to Irma Garcia’s online teacher’s biography, the couple had been married for 24 years and have four children.

“I have my eldest Cristian son completing Marine boot camp and another son Jose attending Texas State university University,” Garcia states on her teacher’s page. “My eldest daughter Lyliana will be a sophomore in high school and my youngest Alysandra will be a 7th grader this year.”

On Twitter, the couple’s nephew posted: “PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR FAMILY, God have mercy on us, this isn’t easy.”

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    If that's true, then it's truly a shame, BUT, you have to let folks do their job's.
    I wasn't there, nor do I know anyone who was, but I'll wager to my last PF dollar that there wasn't a single troop on scene who was half-stepping.

If BORTAC had trouble gaining entry, I can't imagine what more bodies outside that door is going to accomplish.
    I think the timing is the issue here, according to the Associated Press the BP guys were around 40 to 90 minutes before they were on scene and took action. But from time stamps on videos posted all over the place the circus outside the school where parents were begging cops to do something occurred prior to the Border guys getting there.

And now the WSJ is reporting that this guy lingered outside for 12 minutes firing shots at people in a funeral home across the street, before scaling a fence onto school grounds where he fired more shots. He then entered the school and barricading himself in a classroom before opening fire...

And then this gem from a reporter via Twitter...

That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.

It's not super explicit but this does sound like Texas DPS spokesman Lt. Chris Olivarez confirming that cops entered the school to save their own children during the shooting while police were holding back families and refusing to go in outside. https://t.co/YNRZ1ObxwA

— Evan Hill (@evanhill) May 26, 2022

According to Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw, it took between 40 minutes and 1 hour from when Ramos began opening fire to when the CBP agent, backed by his tactical team, shot him.

Not only did cops with long guns have their tasers out, ready to stop parents from saving their own children, it looks like the cops have one parent pinned to the ground.

You can hear one person yell, "what the fuck are you doing to him? Let him up!" pic.twitter.com/zW5V9FJ2r0

— Matt Novak (@paleofuture) May 26, 2022

None of this sounds good.
    Last edited by Boom; 05-26-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I'm having a hard time faulting what the BP did here, they seemed to have been handed a dumpster fire by the locals and quickly did the best they could.

Seems to me, based on what we know now thru reporting the BP guys took care of business after they got there and its not their fault it took them 40 minutes to disengage from whatever it was they were doing, wherever that might of been relative to the schools location, respond to the scene then reengage.
    The bortac guys are absolute cereal box level heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    there seems to be a lot of controversy involved as LEs now stating they did not make contact with the young man who entered through an unlocked door.

interesting there is quite a controversy the arriving LEs failed, flat out refused to and did not enter, for now noted, there was at least over an hour period with interaction after they called the border patrol.

several are now questioning why the school didn't initiate lockdown procedures as there was an alleged 10 min window from the initial 911 call stating the shooter was discharging his weapon in the street until he entered the facility via a back door.

nobody has mentioned the border patrol tactical team entering upon their arrival that they forgot the 'classroom key' to get in the door?

absolutely nobody has asked the question nor explained where did a highschool dropout got the $$$ to buy two (2) AR style firearms, seven (7) plus large capacity magazines, coupled with over 300+ rounds of ammo.

finally, it is coming out the young man has a history of abusing animals, had anger management issues, and from fotos show the young man might also have suffered from a serious eating disorder, yet there is absolutely nothing mentioned about the caregivers, his grandparents, nor the school initiated mental health protocols to provide relief to the young man as these symptoms do not happen overnight!

tis a shame the border patrol took it upon themselves to serve as judge/jury/executioner...wonder if they are afforded QI protections as a Federales?
    Go post this stupid shit somewhere else.

I don't know what is sodding worse. Politicians who dance in the blood of children for votes, or those making shite conspiracy theories up to be Oh Sooo Smart.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List