Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 19x?

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    So I'm interested in a Glock. I know there is the 17 and the 19 as the two most popular and reliable 9 mm out there. But also doing some research I know they have the Glock 19 X which is sort of a combination of the 19 and the 17. I personally wish it was kind of backwards with the 17 slide on the 19 frame, if that makes sense. But for those who owned the 19 X what are your thoughts?
    If you want the opposite kind of hybrid (Glock 17 length slide with Glock 19 height frame) wait for the Glock 49 to come out. Larry Vickers posted a photo of one. It’s exactly what you’re looking for but there’s no public ally announced US release date yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If you want the opposite kind of hybrid (Glock 17 length slide with Glock 19 height frame) wait for the Glock 49 to come out. Larry Vickers posted a photo of one. It’s exactly what you’re looking for but there’s no public ally announced US release date yet.
    Oooh.... That will make a lot of people happy if they ever release it.

Site Supporter
    The biggest mechanical advantage held by the 45 over the 19X is the addition of the breach face cut. Makes extraction and subsequently, ejection more positive. The 19X looks cool but the function is what wins. I choose the 45.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Oooh.... That will make a lot of people happy if they ever release it.

I really think I would like this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have a 19x and I would rather have a 45 because of the magwell lips
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    I really like mine. I need the 17 size grip. I wear mine AIWB and appreciate the shorter slide. Probably the only Glock I own that I’ve never considered selling or modifying
    I'm with rangerover: I really, really like my 19X and actually prefer the lip below the frontstrap (some people have cut theirs off to accommodate Gen 5 floorplates) because I don't get my pinky pinched on reloads. I like the shorter slide for reduced pinching IWB or AIWB.

I could be happy with a 45, though.

G45 > 19X because of the magwell lips and it comes with MOS.

Site Supporter
    I have a 19X and 45. If I could only have one it would be the 45 due to all mags being interchangeable. If that wasn't an issue I would opt for the 19x. The front grip turns more which fits my hand better at the bottom: as a result my grip is tighter and I shoot it better. Other than that the G45 is the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The biggest mechanical advantage held by the 45 over the 19X is the addition of the breach face cut. Makes extraction and subsequently, ejection more positive. The 19X looks cool but the function is what wins. I choose the 45.
    This is the right answer.

I carry a 19X everyday, at least until my 43X MOS arrives at my dealer. I think it is the perfect of the double stack 9mm Glocks.

The 45 is the slightly updated version that is available with an MOS cut. For that reason I would recommend a 45 MOS instead of a 19X. Along with the aforementioned breach face cut on the 45 to force better ejection. My 17 G5 MOS launches empties into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    This. If you enjoy hot brass falling down your shirt and occasionally getting stuck in your glasses, the 19X will not disappoint.

Otherwise the 45 is the better choice if you want a 19 with a longer grip.

User Tag List