Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone educate me on p320s?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I think you’re right, it does seem to be the X cut and not the pro slide. Im dumb and not sure what I was thinking there. I got a great deal on the gun so I’m fine with just ordering a new slide if I need to. I think I’ll just end up buying an RXP slide like you say just for peace of mind. I’ll probably use the slide that is on it now on a build for a backup/dry fire gun.
    What optic do you want to run with that slide?

If it has the M17/M18 cut (Romeo1Pro) you have a lot of options. If it's the Romeo1 cut they are a little more limited.

I have a C&H Romeo1 to RMR/SRO/Holosun with backup sights plate if that is the cut you have and the optic type you want to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info. This is a 4.7 Pro slide, so I'm hoping I'll be good to go. I updated my post above but was too slow; you're right, though. Those X5 Legion slides seem to be pretty rough based on the people I know who have owned them. Glad that the Pro slides seem to be solid.

One last question for you. I know you are the man to ask about red dots. Would you trust a Sig optic on a carry gun? This one will probably serve as a carry gun and a backup gun for steel challenge, and I am tempted to direct mount a Romeo1 on it. Just not sure of their quality these days.
    Historically, I would have said a flat “no.” The Romeo 3 Max and XL are best of class gaming optics, but not defensive optics for multiple reasons. The Romeo 1 and Zero seem hobbyist grade without the reliability I would want to rely on.

However, my wife has been beating on multiple Romeo 1 Pro optics on carry and practice guns without issue, and the new Romeo 2 seems very promising.

So the answer is, it depends.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    What optic do you want to run with that slide?

If it has the M17/M18 cut (Romeo1Pro) you have a lot of options. If it's the Romeo1 cut they are a little more limited.

I have a C&H Romeo1 to RMR/SRO/Holosun with backup sights plate if that is the cut you have and the optic type you want to run.
    I was hoping to try out a Romeo 1 Pro, and actually just found an RXP full size slide with Romeo 1 Pro mounted for $540 shipped, so about $100 more than the Pro by itself. I think I might pick that up since it is so cheap.

Sorry for hijacking this thread by the way! I really appreciate all the input from everyone. I saw your P80 frame and just ordered one myself. I didn’t realize just how modular these guns really are.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Historically, I would have said a flat “no.” The Romeo 3 Max and XL are best of class gaming optics, but not defensive optics for multiple reasons. The Romeo 1 and Zero seem hobbyist grade without the reliability I would want to rely on.

However, my wife has been beating on multiple Romeo 1 Pro optics on carry and practice guns without issue, and the new Romeo 2 seems very promising.

So the answer is, it depends.
    I continue to be impressed by the Romeo 1 Pro that came on my X-Compact. Probably will never know for sure how reliable it is as that gun doesn't get a lot of use, but I have shot a class and a couple of IDPA "carry gun" matches with it as well as a lot of dry practice and it has done well. To say I am surprised is an understatement.

The Sig optics are getting some LE agency traction. The Romeo 1 Pro with protective metal shroud is the agency issued handgun optic for ICE. The program is still getting up and running so there aren’t a ton of these things in the field yet as most people haven’t had the opportunity to sit through the mandated RDS transition class. The SWAT team folks have been running them on their pistols for over a year now.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I continue to be impressed by the Romeo 1 Pro that came on my X-Compact. Probably will never know for sure how reliable it is as that gun doesn't get a lot of use, but I have shot a class and a couple of IDPA "carry gun" matches with it as well as a lot of dry practice and it has done well. To say I am surprised is an understatement.
    My wife definitely prefers the R1 Pro to the DP Pro -- nicer display and easier intensity adjustment.

No worries about anyone hijacking this thread! I have enjoyed reading all of it. I really do like this platform and the modularity. Not as much as my 365xl but close..

As long as this thread is drifting -- my wife had a 320 trigger start failing to reset today on a practice gun. Older 320 FCU with some trigger mods. Turns out a trigger stop pin had walked out. Sig has tightened up some tolerances on newer FCU's, but good advice on a carry 320 is to leave the FCU intact.

As long as this thread is drifting -- my wife had a 320 trigger start failing to reset today on a practice gun. Older 320 FCU with some trigger mods. Turns out a trigger stop pin had walked out. Sig has tightened up some tolerances on newer FCU's, but good advice on a carry 320 is to leave the FCU intact.
    Well, this just saved me about $150

does that include just switching the curved 320 trigger for a factory straight?

User Tag List