Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

Duty Guns:
    34 Gen 5 with X300U-A and 509T. Safariland 7360 with nub mod and NCP2
    642 in Desantis Nemesis (BUG only)

Off-Duty (current rotation):
    Staccato C2 with TLR-7A and RM06 in Tenicor AIWB
    Glock 19 Gen 5 with TLR-7A and 407C Green in Tenicor AIWB
    Glock 43X MOS with 507K in Tenicor AIWB
    P365 with 507K and XL frame in LLOD AIWB
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Nemesis (BUG only)

All of the 9MMs are 135 grain +P Critical Duty because it's what we issue. There's Gold Dot SB 135 +P in the wheelie and XTP in the LCP. Off duty belts are Tenicor Zero (love it), one of the Magpul fake leather belts, and a couple different Cobra buckle belts. Always (always) carry a spare magazine.

This is the most consistent I've been for the longest time. I carried a CCO sized 1911 for quite a stretch but I think it was the San Bernardino husband and wife attack in 2015 (and several other incidents including a guy murdering a girl he was obsessed with in broad daylight at our mall), I no longer felt comfortable with 15 rounds of .45 spread over two mags. I'll occasionally deviate from the rotation for a day or two, but not often and not for long.
    Last edited by DaBigBR; 02-16-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Posted in another thread but its a 5” steel 1911, or a j frame when I am limited by circumstances/attire/accessibility. All I own are 1911s and revolvers now so my decision is pretty much made for me I have no interest in going down the rabbit hole of trying everything out there again. What I have works and it works for me, maybe if I moved to free state I’d want something with a higher capacity but even then I doubt it.

ETA: I do a fair bit of road trips and there is nothing more comforting than my hand on a J Frame in my pocket at 3am in a shady rest stop (where legal if course).
    Last edited by NPV; 02-16-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hopefully no one will mind a slight thread derail to ask this question:

I am in search of a new pair of jeans for carry. I normally use cargo shorts or similar (I am a "34") and a T-shirt or polo. I have a pair of size 34 Levi's 505 Regular that are a bit tight if I want to carry my P365X AIWB. Otherwise they are just snug. I just ordered a pair of the same Levi's 505 Regular, but in 36. Unfortunately they are going back, because when they arrived, they were much baggier in the butt than I would have expected.

I still would like to get a pair of jeans for carry, though.

Have you found any specific brand or type of jeans that give you "that" much more room? I appreciate that this is all a personal fit thing, and I'm going to head to the store soon to try on some other options, but I saw your comment and was curious about what you picked.

Thanks!
    I recently started getting Levi’s Denzein (sp?) fromTarget. They are stretchy and a fit me good with and without an IWB holster. Not a fan of Levi’s as a company, but they’re under $30 and are comfortable and fit good. 🤷*♂️

The only gun I carry now is Springfield Range Officer elite champion 9mm.
    Carry it in a Tenicor Certum holster, which has beat the f#&k out of the Black T finish. The damn holster is incredibly comfortable tho.
    The pistol runs like a charm, and is about the "easiest" gun I've ever carried.
    Name:  20220211_165847.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  40.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Myself I carry pretty much daily and it’s my .38 on occasion when I feel it I might carry my Shield or G26, but that’s it. All my combat sized guns are for home defense along with a well put together shotty for serious social work.

What’s your honest carry gun?
    For real? One or another of my .38 snubs.

Glocks (usually 9mms) and 1911 .45s of some flavor are pretty typically what I am carrying on a daily basis.

That said, it really does not matter to me what I grab. They all go bang, and all should do the job just fine. What I do in managing the situation is substantially more important than what I have in my hand. Sometimes I may have an old Gen 3 4506, or 29-2 .44 mag on me. Sometimes it literally depends on what is out of the safe, as I may not feel like getting into the safe and grab whatever is available for a run into town and if that is a 4" .44, then that is what I am going to carry to go grab some groceries.

Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

8mi on snowshoes with my standard carry gear: P07/509t2, JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, Mastermind Pillow-Wedge.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    8mi on snowshoes with my standard carry gear: P07/509t2, JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, Mastermind Pillow-Wedge.

Wow, that morning commute is a bitch!
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Wow, that morning commute is a bitch!
    View was pretty good too.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I started carrying around 1990 or so in my early 20’s. Since then I’ve owned and tried to carry enough guns I honestly can’t remember them all.

But these days and for most of the last 20 years I’ve found myself just carrying a small revolver, usually a J frame that’s my constant companion.

I wonder about all the folks across the Internet who post pics of some elaborate CCW setup with lights, RMR’s, extended mags, spare mags, all carried IWB of course. I wonder if they are really being truthful about there carry or just posting nice pics of their guns.

Something that big, that elaborate, I just don’t see them carrying that daily.

Myself I carry pretty much daily and it’s my .38 on occasion when I feel it I might carry my Shield or G26, but that’s it. All my combat sized guns are for home defense along with a well put together shotty for serious social work.

What’s your honest carry gun?
    Honest? Well, these past few weeks, it has been jacket weather, and coincidentally, I have been recreating with an SAA-pattern USFA Single Action revolving pistol, so, well, guess what I have been carrying. I realize that I would “die less often,” if I toted a modern weapon, but, well, I have survived to type this. I tend to carry medium-frame to large-frame revolving pistols. SP101, and larger. Usually, K-Frame and larger. The panic-demic interrupted my range training, my revolver skills are less-perishable, and quicker to recover, and, so, eventually, I locked my Glocks in the safe. Just recently, I resumed firing Glocks.

I have never completely stopped using 1911 pistols, but usually more for home defense than carry.

Little guns hurt my hands, especially my right hand, if firing 9mm/.38 Special ammo, and if they hurt, I am not training with them. If I am not training with them, I do not feel comfortable firing them, defensively, in public places. I think that it has been 20 years since I regularly toted a J-Frame .38 Special weapon, when my Airweight J was put out of business, when I bought my second Ruger SP101.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List