Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Like for Jeans...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    This may sound weird, but how roomy is the seat/butt? Some of have junk in the trunk from loving deadlifts.
    I like some room too, and have fairly large thighs. They fit well, and allow free movement.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I can't help with the boot cut thing, since I haven't ever worn western boots, and they don't think specify that type in their literature, but I've been a long time wearer of LL Bean jeans.

I've worn their Classic Fit https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/3286...N3&csp=f&pos=1

and Natural Fit that are a little looser fit https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/3286...N3&csp=f&pos=9

they have other varieties and fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm curious about this. The closest Duluth stores to me are 173 and 188 miles away. I order my stuff from them online and have been very satisfied. I wear the Duluthflex relaxed fit jeans... at work with cowboy boots. They are not boot cut, but they work just fine for my purposes. I wear their brown 5-pocket pants with my uniform. Exclusively wear their Buck Naked skivvies. Wear their shorts in the summertime. their products are better than anything I've found in any of the brick & mortar stores around here. I'm a stubby dude, and can get them with a 28" hem....and don't have to send them out to get hemmed like virtually every other product out there.
    Thank you for your post! The reason I disqualified Duluth is because I'd like to be able to try on the prospective jeans. I don't mind buying stuff online, but with clothes, it's more of a pain in the ass. Order, get it, it doesn't fit, return by mail, watch your credit card statement so you get your money back, repeat. Ugh. I just went through that exercise with Origin Maine. Again, their jeans were amazing but didn't work for me. I've never shopped at Duluth because their nearest location is in Greensboro, NC. While I've heard their stuff has been nice, they are also one who's been mentioned as "their older stuff was better made."

Site Supporter

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mens+jean...rimewardrobe_1

Amazon Prime has a number of try before you buy jean selections. You are not billed for 7 days and the package is set up to be reused as a return if an item does not work down to a pre printed shipping label. Just used it with some swim trunks. In short, your CC never even gets charged if you send it back within the 7 day window.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I want a good pair of jeans in brown or tan that aren’t cargo pants. I’m sick of blue and black.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Call me old-fashioned. I have been wearing Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans for over 40 years.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Call me old-fashioned. I have been wearing Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans for over 40 years.

I get mine from Tractor Supply. The last ones I got were $28 a pair.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I get mine from Tractor Supply. The last ones I got were $28 a pair.
    Back in the Aughts, Tractor Supply once carried a line of "Schmidt" jeans or some name close to that. They cost under $20 and wore very well. My last two pair wore out in 2021, I almost felt like holding a funeral service.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Old school: Wrangler 13MWZPW. Been wearing them for at least 25 years.
    Truth. Also, if your ride (a horse) you need jeans with the seam on the outside of the leg. I don't wear them as often after the move to Idaho: too hot in the summer and not enough room for thermal underwear in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Back in the Aughts, Tractor Supply once carried a line of "Schmidt" jeans or some name close to that. They cost under $20 and wore very well. My last two pair wore out in 2021, I almost felt like holding a funeral service.
    In 1938, Charles E. Schmidt Sr. of Chicago, Illinois, established a mail-order tractor parts business from his kitchen table, and by 1939, it had grown into a successful retail store in Minot, North Dakota. https://corporate.tractorsupply.com/...y/default.aspx

Hence the Schmidt Workwear name. Recently, they changed the name to RidgeCut. Not sure if they changed anything else up as far as quality and design.

Tractor Supply Company’s RidgeCut

The Need
    Tractor Supply Co. (TSC) needed to re-brand its C.E. Schmidt line of workwear. Competitive brands like Carhartt were out-selling C.E. Schmidt even though C.E. Schmidt workwear was priced lower for garments with the same quality and features. TSC wanted to boost its overall brand stature and image, making its brands more competitive. One way they endeavored to do this was with a more aspirational and engaging name, like Duluth or North Face.

The new name needed to be able to hit the ground running with inherent appeal and connect in some way to outdoor imagery or a rugged & tough image without alienating women. They wanted names that spoke to the pioneer, the person who makes their own rules, and enjoys the great outdoors.

The Name
    After four rounds of names, “RidgeCut” rose to the top. It was the rugged, outdoorsy and compelling name needed to communicate the inherent quality, style, and functionality of the C.E. Schmidt line of workwear.

The Result
    The RidgeCut line was launched in August 2019 and in January 2020 Tractor Supply announced that their new workwear brand would be expanding into footwear and accessories. They anticipate that they are on their way up the market ridge! https://www.namestormers.com/portfol...tor-supply-co/
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List