Page 94 of 121 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Got a Dremel? That’s what I did with a couple hot spots on mine.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Forgive the question if it's already been answered, but is there a single-sided decocker available for a P07? If so, does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? This seems to indicate that a left-sided only version is made...
    If I recall someone posted a pic of grinding down the right decock lever to a nub.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If I recall someone posted a pic of grinding down the right decock lever to a nub.
    I had a gunsmith do this for me years ago

I didn't ask how he did it but I assume he cut it down to roughly round and did the remainder on a lathe, unfortunately, he is long out of business

Site Supporter
    Switched to a regular sear spring for the P09. Seems like a heavier sear spring will put more of a wall on the trigger break and add about half a pound. Brought the SA trigger down to about 3.25lbs. I may just put the heavy sear spring on the P07 and that will be just about perfect for me as far as carry guns go.

Although my Beretta 92X compact with a LTT TJIAB is pretty damn impressive and I am waiting for a JM holster for it to see if it conceals as well as my P07. That's a tall order to fill however, as the P07 just has this sweet spot of being so easy to conceal, even in light clothes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Switched to a regular sear spring for the P09. Seems like a heavier sear spring will put more of a wall on the trigger break and add about half a pound. Brought the SA trigger down to about 3.25lbs. I may just put the heavy sear spring on the P07 and that will be just about perfect for me as far as carry guns go.
    The 0.018” CGW medium sear spring (yellow) is another option. That yields a 3.25# pull on my gun, the low end of factory spec for SA weight.

Compared to the 0.018" spring, the 0.020” heavy sear spring (black) adds about 0.25# to the SA weight, measured on my gauge. So, I agree that compared to the OEM spring it's about +0.5#.

I found that the CGW Tool Steel Sear Pin was a good addition when using heavier sear springs because it fits inside the sear more tightly, and eliminates wobble.

And... don't forget to lubricate the sear spring hole with a small dab of grease. That smooths out the SA pull.

Site Supporter
    Turns out the yellow spring was already in.

So I just opted for the blue spring, which made the trigger about 3lbs (up from 2.5) which is about in line with the P09 and my Berettas.

To say I'm a believer in these pistols is an understatement lately.

Of any type of lightweight, polymer framed Glock 19 sized gun, I'd pick the P07 and some of the groups I'm shooting with the P09s stock sights have been impressing me. Can't wait to get the Dawson's on this gun.

Like, bullseye level accuracy. I can't wait to work up a handload.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hrm so here's a new one; I noticed this in dryfire before swapping out some CGW springs and roller, and noticed it after - sometimes, when practicing DA (from either full hammer down or from the decocked position), the trigger won't reset on full extension. That is, I pull the trigger, hammer drops; let the trigger all the way back out (to the point where my finger has lost contact), and there's no reset 'click'. I can give the gun a slight pop with my off hand and it'll click, or I can tap it against something, etc. It's as if the trigger bar is getting stuck on something. The little wire spring underneath is at full strength (I bent it down a little to lighten things, then bent it back up when I noticed this issue to see if that was the cause) - that's not the issue.

I've only had this happen in dry fire for DA - I've never had it happen when SA dryfiring. It's very intermittent; I can pull 30 times and it'll happen maybe once. Sometimes I can pull 5 times and it'll happen 3 of those 5; I don't know what's causing it.

I have not tried with the slide off and manually setting it up as if the trigger was pulled already and letting it out to see what happens; that'll be next on my list.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this?

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Hrm so here's a new one; I noticed this in dryfire before swapping out some CGW springs and roller, and noticed it after - sometimes, when practicing DA (from either full hammer down or from the decocked position), the trigger won't reset on full extension. That is, I pull the trigger, hammer drops; let the trigger all the way back out (to the point where my finger has lost contact), and there's no reset 'click'. I can give the gun a slight pop with my off hand and it'll click, or I can tap it against something, etc. It's as if the trigger bar is getting stuck on something. The little wire spring underneath is at full strength (I bent it down a little to lighten things, then bent it back up when I noticed this issue to see if that was the cause) - that's not the issue.

I've only had this happen in dry fire for DA - I've never had it happen when SA dryfiring. It's very intermittent; I can pull 30 times and it'll happen maybe once. Sometimes I can pull 5 times and it'll happen 3 of those 5; I don't know what's causing it.

I have not tried with the slide off and manually setting it up as if the trigger was pulled already and letting it out to see what happens; that'll be next on my list.

A few questions: Have you disassembled the lower? How far does the trigger return? Is it stuck in the same place? Or is it the trigger bar itself that isn’t lifting fully? When you bent the trigger bar spring, did it get dislocated from the hole? Is the spring in the channel under the trigger bar? What about the decocker? Did you disassemble that?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

Sounds like the trigger bar spring to me. Had that happen when I put my p09 together after installing trigger work and forgot to put the trigger bar spring back.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List