Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY G19.5 dot+comp

Does anyone make a comp that will fit a factory threaded 19gen5 barrel?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'd go with a PMM single port comp. I've entertained the idea myself, may still go this direction in the future with a G19.4 i have cut for an ACRO P-2 that I will get, uh, hopefully in time to will to my grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/zev-pr...ock-gen-5-9mm/

I am rather fond of how it attaches, compared to a regular set screw attachment. PMM also has a Gen5 specific comp.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Early days for mine, but I recently went with a PMM single port kit in a 19.5 MOS. It was reasonable.
    Out of curiosity, how long does the single port make the slide? G17ish, G34 like or bigger? And do you find the muzzle blast to be much worse than a naked muzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long does the single port make the slide? G17ish, G34 like or bigger? And do you find the muzzle blast to be much worse than a naked muzzle?
    I don’t have a 17, but here it is alongside a 41 (same size as a 34):

Name:  79AAC84D-4CA2-4F31-A056-F0DC1920C774.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  66.0 KB

I’ve only test fired it since I don’t want to waste ammunition before the final optic is mounted, but my perception is that it’s barely worse than a bare muzzle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    On between the 17 and 34 in length.
    After 2500 rounds, I have not noticed any extra muzzle blast.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    PMM does. I’m using an OEM 19.5 barrel in my G45. Get an extra shim pack, I needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    What's the current thinking in dependable, somewhat affordable/DIY Glock 19 Gen 5 RDS + compensator builds? A Roland special is a bit much for me and AFIAK KKM doesn't offer a Gen 5 drop-in comp setup.
    I'm a big fan of Parker Mountain's Glock single port compensator + barrel combo. Runs fine with all sorts of ammo without needing to tune springs or anything. I will say though to make sure when you first install to lube the exterior of the barrel, particularly the barrel hood. My co-worker had issues upon first installation and after getting the contact points lubed it hasn't had an issue since.

As for dots, take your pick. If I was starting today something with an enclosed optic would be my preference, likely the 509T.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Thanks everyone for the input. Does every barrel+comp kit for the Gen 5 G19 also fit the G45? Put another way, are the uppers identical?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Does every barrel+comp kit for the Gen 5 G19 also fit the G45? Put another way, are the uppers identical?
    Everything I’ve heard is that the 19.5 and 45 uppers are identical except for rollmarks, but I wouldn’t bet the bank on that without other confirmation.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List