Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @Bigguy,

You're a security officer at a hospital, right? Or did that change?

Don't try to tough it out with this stuff, even just for professional reasons alone. Think about the danger you're putting your colleagues in if you're responding to an assault on staff or combative patient and you can't carry your weight. It behooves us in these sorts of professions to take that stuff into consideration, regardless of whether we want to tough something out.

Not only could someone else get hurt, but you could hurt yourself as well.....up to and including placing your body under such distress that you die.

Hope you feel better, man, and it's good to hear the workplace is affirmative about taking care of you. The hospital system I used to work at automatically wrote off the remainder of anything that wasn't reimbursed by our insurance, and it was one of the reasons many of us stayed there regardless of the pay being slightly lower than the competing hospitals that wouldn't take care of employees.
    Yes, Security at an ER. I didn't keep it a secret, everybody knew I was positive. Nor was I the only one. Several of the staff are positive. They simply will not be able to keep the center open without those employees. I was isolated in the foyer and kept an N95 mask on. They catered from Olive Garden and I was told that somebody would bring me (and another positive employee) a plate. The thing that concerned them was that I was getting worse and the didn't want me to get pneumonia.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @Bigguy,

You're a security officer at a hospital, right? Or did that change?

Don't try to tough it out with this stuff, even just for professional reasons alone. Think about the danger you're putting your colleagues in if you're responding to an assault on staff or combative patient and you can't carry your weight. It behooves us in these sorts of professions to take that stuff into consideration, regardless of whether we want to tough something out.

Not only could someone else get hurt, but you could hurt yourself as well.....up to and including placing your body under such distress that you die.

Hope you feel better, man, and it's good to hear the workplace is affirmative about taking care of you. The hospital system I used to work at automatically wrote off the remainder of anything that wasn't reimbursed by our insurance, and it was one of the reasons many of us stayed there regardless of the pay being slightly lower than the competing hospitals that wouldn't take care of employees.
    TGS: rereading my earlier post it sounds snarky and I truly didn't mean it to come off that way. You make valid points. I considered those factors, but the folks running the center made the decision to allow Covid positive folks to continue to work. That gave me pause, but I eventually decided - Me Security - Them Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Two of the group's fathers have gotten it, one fatally...
    Jesus H, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Interesting day at work….
    Jesus H cloned, and crossed with a bunny rabbit, dude.

Y’all hang in there.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Jesus H, dude.
    Jesus H cloned, and crossed with a bunny rabbit, dude.
    Y’all hang in there.
    Thank you. I Can't believe how much better I feel just a few hours later. I guess the combo of steroid, Anti-biotic, and vitamins made a huge difference. I've got meds at the pharmacy that won't be ready until tomorrow. The lady was apologetic and seem truly in distress that they were so far behind. "Your prescription isn't ready yet sir. I apologize, but there's quite a lot of it, we're understaffed and we've been swamped." (No kidding. I counted 8 cars in line at the drive-thru before the line went out of my sight behind the building. That's why I went inside to the window.) I was also picking up a prescription for my wife that wasn't scheduled until 14:00 tomorrow. I told her I'd just pick up mine tomorrow when I got my wife's.
    I thought she was going to cry as she thanked me and said that would help them.
    I work at an ER. I know how snowed under they are. Twelve hours won't kill me. One of the prescriptions is for a steroid that I can't start until tomorrow anyway.

Thank you. I Can't believe how much better I feel just a few hours later. I guess the combo of steroid, Anti-biotic, and vitamins made a huge difference. I've got meds at the pharmacy that won't be ready until tomorrow. The lady was apologetic and seem truly in distress that they were so far behind. "Your prescription isn't ready yet sir. I apologize, but there's quite a lot of it, we're understaffed and we've been swamped." (No kidding. I counted 8 cars in line at the drive-thru before the line went out of my sight behind the building. That's why I went inside to the window.) I was also picking up a prescription for my wife that wasn't scheduled until 14:00 tomorrow. I told her I'd just pick up mine tomorrow when I got my wife's.
    I thought she was going to cry as she thanked me and said that would help them.
    I work at an ER. I know how snowed under they are. Twelve hours won't kill me. One of the prescriptions is for a steroid that I can't start until tomorrow anyway.
    I like your CNO!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like your CNO!
    She's a great lady, but then so is everybody else that works there. The word has gotten out and folks come to us before other ERs. Unfortunately we can't take Medicare or Medicade. (Even though the sign on the door says different, we do now accept Tri-care.)
    I'm not sure if this is a business/operational decision or if the line I hear the ladies behind the desk is true. They say that as a free-standing ER, the Government doesn't recognize us and they won't accept bills from us.
    That may be why our wait time is so low. I suspect that if we could accept Medi-Care/Caid insurance, we might have the same 8hr waiting times the other ERs do.
    I do know that about a year-and-a-half ago the ladies in the front office (including the CNO) were putting in 80hr weeks working with an "Auditing" firm. My understanding was that we were trying to be eligible for Medicare-Medicade.
    I'm Security, not medical so I wasn't privy to the details. I just know the "audit" eventually stopped and we still can't file on Medicare or Medicade. I'm glad we can take Tri-Care.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 01-07-2022 at 08:24 PM.

I do know that about a year-and-a-half ago the ladies in the front office (including the CNO) were putting in 80hr weeks working with an "Auditing" firm. My understanding was that we were trying to be eligible for Medicare-Medicade.
    I'm Security, not medical so I wasn't privy to the details. I just know the "audit" eventually stopped and we still can't file on Medicare or Medicade. I'm glad we can take Tri-Care.
    Sounds like your ER doesn’t fall under EMTALA which means you can kick anyone out you like, no legal requirement to stabilize a random person who shows up. Homeless guy starting shit in the waiting room? Kick him out, no duty to provide medical care.

Of course your hospital may have policies in place preventing you from doing that but federal EMTALA laws that require stabilizing anyone who shows up only impact medicare and Medicaid patients, since the “teeth” of the law is that you can’t get reimbursed by CMS but if you don’t qualify anyway, then it doesn’t matter and EMTALA doesn’t apply.

Also a bit weird to me you’re an employee and they aren’t covering you under the hospitals own insurance. I assume you’re 65 or older and perhaps only work part-time?

In any event, glad to hear you’re feeling better. It’s a travesty most Americans can’t get any kind of treatment unless admitted to the hospital because it goes counter to the “everyone needs the vaccine” line. Since if doctors did write steroids and antibiotics for people it is thought it may discourage vaccination if people believe there’s a treatment option. By making the vaccine the only option for care for most people, it incentivizes vaccinations. CDC specifically says steroids should be limited to those inpatient hospitalizations to who are about to be placed on a ventilator when we know they can provide massive benefit to many in an outpatient setting. But outpatient steroid use goes counter to the “get the vaccine or die” narrative.
    Last edited by Sanch; 01-07-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Just got an email from my 1st graders school and there was a kid that has Covid in his class yesterday. Today the schools also sent two Covid tests per kid, great timing

TGS: rereading my earlier post it sounds snarky and I truly didn't mean it to come off that way. You make valid points. I considered those factors, but the folks running the center made the decision to allow Covid positive folks to continue to work. That gave me pause, but I eventually decided - Me Security - Them Doctors.
    No worries brother, no snark detected!

Just for clarity's sake, I'm speaking more of your capacity to perform the job while sick. Obviously the rules about being covid positive at work are the rules, but whether you are fit enough for executing your duties is another matter. It's really suck to have to go hands on with a combative person and end up getting a heart attack because you push your cardiovascular system beyond your limits while being afflicted with covid.

That's true of any injury or illness in our related fields of work.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    As a reminder, this is *not* the thread for political commentary related to COVID, etc. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ockdowns-et-al for that conversation.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List