Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 BLK Build - Aero 8 inch vs BCM 7 inch

300 BLK Build - Aero 8 inch vs BCM 7 inch

So I am ready to put together a 300 blackout build with a law tactical folder. Deciding between an 8 inch Aero Precision upper at around $400 vs a 7 inch BCM at $720. Not sure the BCM is worth the extra expense or not. First 300 blackout build so thought I would get some advice here first. Planning on shooting supers unsupressed (backpack gun). Sig Rattler not an option at this point .

Paging @Flamingo

He’d have a good opinion on that question.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    So I am ready to put together a 300 blackout build with a law tactical folder. Deciding between an 8 inch Aero Precision upper at around $400 vs a 7 inch BCM at $720. Not sure the BCM is worth the extra expense or not. First 300 blackout build so thought I would get some advice here first. Planning on shooting supers unsupressed (backpack gun). Sig Rattler not an option at this point .
    No experience with BCM. They have a quality reputation.

I do have an 8" Aero and it had a minor gas tube alignment issue when it arrived. I fixed that prior to shooting, however, and it has run perfectly for about 1000 rounds.

It likes a heavier H3 buffer in my experience. This is shooting suppressed.

I personally probably would not spend the extra for BCM. And in fact am overall questioning life choices given the price of 300BLK in general. I will say that everyone who shoots this rifle absolutely loves it.

I’m going to read the mail here - I have a 7.5” 5.56 AR with LAW folder that I’ve been thinking about rebarreling to 300 BLK. I never wanted to add another chambering to the household, but then I went and bought a Rattler.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My 8” Aero in .300 is still one of my favorite deer rifles. Mine has been great suppressed/unsuppressed with supers.

I don't have a BCM, but I have several Aero uppers in 300 BO. The one I shoot most often I have with a law folder.

The only 300 BO I have ever had any "issues" with is an early Ranier arms one that was built with a midlength gas system. And the only real issue with it is that is really throws a lot of GTF when I shoot it suppressed.

Thanks for the feedback, going with Aero.

Well, if anyone still wants to comment on the BCM option, I would like to read it, as I have been sitting on the fence, about getting one of those 7” BCM uppers.

Thanks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

All else equal, I’d go with BCM. But the handguard is a little short on the 7”.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have the BCM 7” and LOVE IT.

User Tag List