Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I feel like I've heard that before.
    I thought of this quote when I saw it.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    New Mexico frequently feels like a small town. Early on in this, I discovered some of my friends have surprisingly direct connections to this production.

Through two completely different sources, I've heard a pretty compelling rumor. I've been reluctant to post about it because it's 100% rumor and I've in no way verified it, and here on P-F I prefer to speak from positions of direct knowledge or verifiable facts and this is emphatically neither.

But I've heard that LEO's inspecting ammo found boxes of flush-loaded wadcutters (as pictured in Post #13 of this thread) that were both labeled and marked as blank rounds.

Again, this is 100% hearsay, but the connections through which I heard it are real, so this isn't 4th/5th hand hearsay. Personally my gut is telling me 60/40 on it being truth/BS. But it certainly tracks with all of the other known facts at this time.

They recovered a lead projectile from Joel Souza's (the Director) shoulder. There was possibly more actual ammo recovered from the scene and will sent to the FBI for analysis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Lead projectile' killed cinematographer on 'Rust' set, Santa Fe County sheriff says

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eriff-n1282488

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

I'd like to subpoena Keanu Reeves:
    "Mr Reeves, we have shown that you have done the most shooting, both in live fire training and on filming location of any currently active actor.
    Please say whether you personally inspect prop firearms to confirm that they do not contain live ammunition.
    Please say if you have ever aimed a blank firing prop firearm directly at a performer or staff member."

But am I calling him for the plaintiff or the defense? I have read a lot of stuff about how careful and safety conscious he is, so maybe for the plaintiff.
    Reminds me of this from a few years ago. Some actors get it and some just do whatever they are told. Kind of like Ron Burgandy just reading whatever is on the teleprompter.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...afety-20211027
    Last edited by El Cid; 10-27-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Heard a brief blurb that there were three guns on the cart. One was plastic, one was a modified gun that couldn't shoot and the third was a real gun that he was given.

As to him checking it - we are all savvy and would check it. However, when I rent a car, I don't check the tire pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    However, when I rent a car, I don't check the tire pressure.
    I'll bet you check the gas gauge to see if it is loaded or not.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=amp_dontMiss

—————
    From the article:

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was the subject of numerous complaints while working as the armorer on her previous, and first ever, movie The Old Way.

Nicolas Cage, the star of the film, reportedly yelled at her after she fired a gun without warning for the second time: 'You just blew my f**king eardrums out!'

A crew member from the The Old Way said she 'put the cast and crew in several unnecessary and dangerous situations' before he reported she should be fired.

In a podcast interview after filming ended, she said she wasn't sure if she was ready to be a head armorer on a movie set.

Two production sources claim Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed previously gave a child actor a gun without checking it on set of the The Old Way film.

The rookie armorer was named as the person who loaded Alec Baldwin's prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Gutierrez-Reed on the set of Rust.
    ——————

Still all rumor and innuendo, but… Not looking good for her.

Pic shared from the Gram.

Name:  0822303B-E33E-400E-962E-5D8F671E021A.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  47.6 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Yes, I do - as I once was testing a used car from Enterprise and the damn thing ran out of gas on the thruway. This was before I had a cell phone and I had to hike off the road to get a rescue. Learning my lesson on that. But I walk around the car to see if the tires look ok. Don't check the fluid levels. I probably should.

So many things to worry about. Given I know high level trainers who have done bad things like draw a loaded gun on a student to demonstrate the draw stroke. Said trainer then turned white as a ghost when realizing it or checking their Kahr and then shooting said Kahr into the dashboard of their car or leaving rounds in the butt stock well of a Scout rifle such that some fool loaded it and then it went boom. I won't talk about myself.

Or a higher end IDPA competitor in a drag the dummy stage that I designed to be left handed friendly (my revenge) got discombobulated and dragged facing us with the gun. Just cleared his gun and drove away for the day.

Hindsight is great for being preachy.

Knowing what I know I would never allow real gun/s floating around a movie set or any place where they are not under constant dedicated control. I say it's gross negligence on the part of the responsible party in charge. Also gross negligence on the part of any movie armorer. The Buck has to stop somewhere.

I would argue that Baldwin being executive producer is responsible for what takes place on the set. "Come on Man" target practice or plinking tin cans can't exactly be done on the downlow. I would be saying WTF is that I'm hearing? Some A-hole brought live ammunition to my movie set? I'm ending that right the "F" Now! Same goes for the Armorer! That girl had better never be employed again in position of responsibility in any way connected to firearms real or fake.

Now if Baldwin hired a bunch of low tier help because he didn't want to pay for competent people, well he got what he paid for, in Spades.
    Last edited by JohnO; 10-27-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As to him checking it - we are all savvy and would check it. However, when I rent a car, I don't check the tire pressure.
    Actually, as I was reading the thing from the Armorers and Weapons Masters guild--the actor shouldn't open the action to check it. After all, it's another opportunity for a mix-up to occur, and the firearm should already have been checked by someone trained to do so.

User Tag List