Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Site Supporter
    Do you have to get an aftermarket ambi safety? Not having one is saving my wallet. What's in my wallet - my money - still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I must be the weird one here. I never much cared for the BHP. My sample size is limited to the one my dad had ( that i now have).

The Spur hammer bites me. The mag disconnect makes mag changes a pain, and the trigger sucks compared to most other guns I have shot. Toss in a tiny thumb safety that has a mushy on/off feel, and I never warmed to it like I did the 1911.
    Surely you aren't comparing an earlier High Power to a modern 1911? If you think about a WWII era 1911, was the trigger all that amazing, was the safety large or small, etc? Similarly a newish MkIII has usable sights, a nice ambidextrous safety, and in my opinion the trigger isn't all that bad. If you're a ride-the-reset person I can see how the mushy reset would be a problem, but if you just let the trigger forward after each shot then it isn't really that big of a deal. The magazine disconnect can (usually - my FM is not co-operating on that front) be removed by the user.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    In the same vein, has anyone heard anything about what the UK MOD's doing with all those P35's & L9A1's they replaced with Glocks some time back? Springfield Armory is no stranger to importing pistols en masse thanks to the XD, so why not import a ton of BHP's from Hungary and the UK too?
    The idea of the rabidly anti-gun UK government selling surplus military handguns to civilians is not, in my opinion, a realistic notion. The mere suggestion to consider such an idea would cause a freak out of epic proportions. Those people consider friggin' screwdrivers to be dangerous weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    All you people wanting a rail on a Hi-Power must be smoking crack or something.

One thing the BHP brings is a service weapon that is thin, svelte, classy, and elegant. The embodiment of "An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age."
    Look at some of the examples here and in the gallery section. Putting a 1913 rail on one would make as much sense as a pair of truck nutz. The only possible contender would be the old Dawson rail, but if you need a fat-assed flashlight mounted to your pistola, there are plenty of suitable candidates on the market.
    I guess I'm insane, but a "retromod" High Power is an idea I've been turning around in my head for a while now. Part of it is due to the military heritage of this pistol, part just because, but I think an appropriately accessoried High Power might be a neat blend of new and old. I do agree that perhaps a full size U-boat would not be the best light for this particular pistol, but there are slimmer options available these days.

Of course I wouldn't want that as my only High Power. But side by side with an unmodified pistol, it might be interesting.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    In the same vein, has anyone heard anything about what the UK MOD's doing with all those P35's & L9A1's they replaced with Glocks some time back? Springfield Armory is no stranger to importing pistols en masse thanks to the XD, so why not import a ton of BHP's from Hungary and the UK too?
    In addition to the general British fear of "guns on the street" even in the Colonies, they may not have many left to declare redundant. I recall a line from The Handgunner, Ltd, way back when a free Englishman might own a pistol, "two Zed ammunition which eats Brownings like candy." They may all be worn out. Look at the 1911s that the CMP is trickling out. Nearly all are the product of overhaul, even repeated overhauls.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    If this thing runs, the only thing I would want would be a better finish, and a gold bead front sight.
    I would be quite happy with a gold bead and it being Parkerized.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This thread is sorely lacking a theme song.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    You had to make me look it up… ;-)
    "Having reason to believe a crime was in progress we entered the premises, and in the process of defending ourselves shot several suspects, including Mr. Maitland"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That would be pisser if they made SFS a factory option.
    So we're clear, I was referring to the XM9 FN submissions. I have no idea what SA is planning. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Assuming I'd be willing to spend SFS "Tactical" money to get an ambi safety, is there a better way to go, for similar dollars?
    I can't say for sure but this ambi safety ought to fix you up.
    https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....-safety-lever/

I carry on my right hip and brushed the right side safety off three time in less than a year when i decided I didn't like the ambi feature on my BHPs or 1911. One of the few firearm operations where I employ the dreaded Dremel.😁

Heirloom Precision is impressed on first look, shooting it this weekend

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVgBMq6P...dium=copy_link
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Heirloom Precision is impressed on first look, shooting it this weekend

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVgBMq6P...dium=copy_link
    Best part of that post is JMCK saying holsters are in the pattern.

I’m already asking if I can get a Dawson rail installed. I’m game to do this to a $700 P35

Jim Garthwaite had this as an option for P35’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List