Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Self-Defense Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Or is it?

Still waiting for reports on one of these things run hard.

Also, I have found an incredibly conveniently located FFL who can ship handguns around the country for very reasonable prices.
    Damned if that thing doesn’t check all the boxes, save for one...
    I'm not going down the debate rabbit hole regarding candidates for our next president in 2024, but I am truly and completely tired of this particular asshole.
    -1911nut

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Damned if that thing doesn’t check all the boxes, save for one...
    “Taurus: It will be different this time.”
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Or is it?

Also, I have found an incredibly conveniently located FFL who can ship handguns around the country for very reasonable prices.

Hoping to shoot my 2 inch 856 more. Even if it proves reliable, I fear that I won’t be able to get past the Taurus stigma of poor quality.

Those are cheap enough that having three is practical - two to shoot, one to vet and carry. The configuration is very appealing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Or is it?

That gun checks a lot of boxes. To bad its a Taurus. Ive had 2. Fool me twice???

If semi-autos went away, I’d probably be carrying one of these.

Name:  27C68858-3195-40D5-ACD3-D2F507892401.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  73.1 KB

I need to set up the Dillon and start squeezing out .357s to fully vet my 3” K6s. It could easily serve as my primary carry weapon if we lose semis, not that I think it will happen. If nothing else it would be a good choice for cross border carry in MA.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Or is it?

Yea a.....I hope it works out for Taurus....local shops don't carry Taurus or Kimber for a reason.....It brings one more round to the table (than a LCR) and a long history of being garbage.

If I were carrying a revolver seriously I would be carrying 2. So one round and Taurus's reputation is not for me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Yea a.....I hope it works out for Taurus....local shops don't carry Taurus or Kimber for a reason.....It brings one more round to the table (than a LCR) and a long history of being garbage.
    I had a Taurus 605 for a lot of years. Maybe because it was a 1990s-era gun, the quality was better. It was what I could afford at the time, it was a beater gun and it got treated as one. If it got a rust spot, some 0000-grade steel wool, cold blue and drive on.

Eventually, I got a smoking-hot deal on a 3" Model 60. It did everything the Taurus did, only better, so the Taurus went away.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's shit alone, and be kind to one another. In other words, do not do unto others what is hateful to yourself.

Or is it?

Good Lord. That stock photo purports a gun that looks to have AT LEAST a .010" barrel/cylinder gap. I mean WTH?

User Tag List