Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Magnets allowed in all divisions now?
    Yes sir.

Our officers often compete with their lights in SSP. Not a difference worthy of putting one on or taking one off.

inversely, if shooters are worried about WMLs in production used for weight, wouldn't those people already be shooting high weight pistols. how does this not offer an option to even that out if one wanted? I'm confused - which is situation normal for me*

*I shoot an X5 with legion grip in production, but would not be keen on going heavier. Too much to push around, and I'm just a hack anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Magnets allowed in all divisions now?
    Could someone please explain to the FNG (me) what the magnet is used for?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Flashlights - just a diversion for grins. At a TX IDPA match (horrors, horrors, true believers), for some reason a group of new folks (horrors, they pollute our paradigm) showed up. They were led by their minister and were clad in tactical polyester pants and polo shirts, looking like they stepped out of time machine from Leave it to Beaver. Uncle Mike's holsters!

Now we tried to be nice to them but the minister tried to take over the squad and the SO had to speak to him. Anyway, Ward Cleaver gets up and draws his 'piece'. It has a combo light and laser. Well, it falls off and strobe goes on as does the laser. Looked like a disco on the ground. Hilarity ensued. They never came back, maybe they went to USPSA. That's a joke.

So the notion of Timmies getting their feelings hurt by getting beaten by Open shooters is so scary to them that they see themselves as being unwelcome?
    We were always nice to beginners and told them not to try to win but to improve their skills set. Sure you need to qualify for higher level matches. So what. My feeling don't get hurt if someone beats me, if I improve. I'm my own challenge. I have a different mindset, I suppose. The matches are fun but keep up my skills for da street, da real world, etc. Thus, the equipment issues aren't for me, if you enjoy them and the arcane world of rule changes, have fun. Note, I have trained intensively with the best instructors and know that the games are NOT training.

Someone said that most USPSA folks don't carry. Well, that says a lot to me. Thus, the games are somewhat irrelevant to the RKBA as sports are not part of it. Flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Could someone please explain to the FNG (me) what the magnet is used for?
    https://benstoegerproshop.com/ghost-...et-uspsa-ipsc/

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-b...magnetic-pouch

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/magnetic-mag-holder
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Someone said that most USPSA folks don't carry. Well, that says a lot to me. Thus, the games are somewhat irrelevant to the RKBA as sports are not part of it. Flame on.
    I'm not into flaming, but let me offer my perspective on this. USPSA/IPSC is a sport that has significantly advanced handgun technology and shooting skills. While some USPSA shooters still use revolvers and 1911s (and 10 round mags), the sport also includes the most modern guns, with high capacity magazines, red dots, and even PCCs. It shows that these types of firearms are owned for sporting purposes, as well as for self-defense.

It get kids and families involved in shooting, and teaches safe handling under much more realistic conditions than a bench type range. USPSA shooters may not carry, but I don't know anyone who is opposed to it. As well, their larger family and friend group learns that shooting isn't scary.

USPSA participation is a win for the 2nd Amendment.

To paraphrase CF:
    A must have item for those "pick up the mag" stages. With this custom made magnetic mag holder, you can slap your extra magazine onto your belt as fast as you can pick it up from the table! Never again waste precious time fumbling to insert a magazine into your magazine pouches!
    Basically for stages that require tac reloads instead of sticking it in your pocket, you just slap it against the magnet.

I'm not into flaming, but let me offer my perspective on this. USPSA/IPSC is a sport that has significantly advanced handgun technology and shooting skills. While some USPSA shooters still use revolvers and 1911s (and 10 round mags), the sport also includes the most modern guns, with high capacity magazines, red dots, and even PCCs. It shows that these types of firearms are owned for sporting purposes, as well as for self-defense.
    Interestingly, at least in Texas, you almost never see an IDPA shooter who is not a CHL or doesn't want to be one. Of course, in Texas I'd assume most USPSA shooters are the same (in Texas its best to assume that regardless).

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    To paraphrase CF:

Basically for stages that require tac reloads instead of sticking it in your pocket, you just slap it against the magnet.

Interestingly, at least in Texas, you almost never see an IDPA shooter who is not a CHL or doesn't want to be one. Of course, in Texas I'd assume most USPSA shooters are the same (in Texas its best to assume that regardless).
    Thanks for the translation. I admit that was little terse.

I'm going to experiment with a magnetic 1st mag pouch, at 10:00.

Name:  daa-bullets-out-magnetic-pouch.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  23.1 KB
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-b...magnetic-pouch
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-10-2021 at 11:22 AM.

I’m now semi-seriously thinking of calculating how much current I need for a large electromagnet, so all I have to do after a Stage is flip a switch to recover all my spent mags back to my pouches.

PS I shoot USPSA, and I carry.

Site Supporter
    I agree with you Cluster. However, didn't someone in this thread have a problem with PCC being added? The shooting sports are great for folks and getting into them does support the RKBA attitudes, even though sports aren't a reason for the 2nd Amendment. I want more practiced and trained folks to carry. I don't get folks who don't. That's another debate and I do understand it a bit as some folks don't want to train or compete because they feel they will look silly or less dominant.

If the shooting sports aid in handgun or long arm design, that's great. I suppose we are just talking about attitudinal differences. I recall some dude who had a hissy fit because we older folks weren't taking a knee and taking the penalty. He might LOSE! The penalty wasn't enough. So with bum knees, titanium knees, exoskeleton on your knees - you might lose a club match to them. Horrors! At least, I'm not going to run so fast that I slide by the next position or fall flat on my face.

Anyway, AIWB doesn't work for me and we have diverted. I don't use a WML based on the 'tactical debates' as to their utility. Got that Surefire as part of my EDC, though. It was useful in the NTI when we had a run without guns and I had to bop a dummy in the head with it.

This is probably irrelevant but a speed issue - we had a fun knife stage at the IDPA match. You had to first engage the target with your knife and then draw, etc. Some folks didn't have a knife - shame! Some guys just stabbed it with the point as fast as they could to get to the gun. Didn't even penetrate - save time! I and my LEO friend (who name is Tim and runs a Shadow - huh?) - we eviscerated the SOB, even though we ran up the clock.

User Tag List