Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 870p police trades at Sportsman's Outdoor

Site Supporter

870p police trades at Sportsman's Outdoor

870p

I have no idea if this is a good price or not. Showed up in my email this morning
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Before 2020, that was a horrible price. With the huge demand spike and Remington production offline, it may be reasonable. That being said, my personal rule is $300 or less for used 870P samples, especially in that condition.

Those look like they were cached in a bridge troll’s ass. I agree that the old reality would see a sticker well under 3 bills, but it isn’t 2015 any more.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

I was at the local cop shop yesterday; they put most of their police trade-ins on Gunbroker. They were telling me that 870P’s normally went for $250-$300, but are now consistently selling for $550-$600.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I was at the local cop shop yesterday; they put most of their police trade-ins on Gunbroker. They were telling me that 870P’s normally went for $250-$300, but are now consistently selling for $550-$600.
    Makes sense, in a perverse sort of way: the guns match the ammo.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

My sense of the market is shot. The last new 870P I bought was purchased in 2006. It was the model with the Wilson rear and tritium front paired with the polymer 870P furniture. I paid $660, including tax, according to my inventory spreadsheet. My last used one was bought back in 2014 for $200 sans a barrel but with a Surefire forearm, a Speedfeed IV stock, and a MMC rear peep sight. I added an 18-inch barrel with the tritium insert in the front sight and replaced the light module in the forend with a Malkoff. Total investment was about $400.

I agree with the others - that price is consistent for today's market.

I run a home for wayward and under-appreciated shotguns. I used them for loaner/training guns with very little problems.

Refurbing a used Police Magnum is very straight forward. If you need any assistance, there are a bunch folks here that can help. I have a bunch of factory parts ratholded, if you can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Those look like they were cached in a bridge troll’s ass.
    I agree they're troll's ass-ish. Hopefully mine will be mechanically sound. I gave a like new 870P to my kid as a "Welcome Back from Deployment" present and have been looking for a rifle sighted standard wood stock example to replace it for awhile.

Thanks for posting @TQP
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I agree they're troll's ass-ish. Hopefully mine will be mechanically sound. I gave a like new 870P to my kid as a "Welcome Back from Deployment" present and have been looking for a rifle sighted standard wood stock example to replace it for awhile.

Thanks for posting @TQP
    I bet they run great. Right set up, probably the right window of production. Ugly can be worked with, especially with a shooting pump.

But, yeah, those aren’t much to look at. The good news is that they’re pre-abused, so no worries.

Half way to a new 1301....

User Tag List