Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Supposedly this tool is very handy when changing the transmission fluid on the new 10sp tranny.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIK...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wonder if it’s the same as the fuel line disconnect tools that I already have?

First highway trip this morning, 22MPG. I am sure I could have bettered that with a longer drive sans stops and starts.
    LL, or others, does yours have the engine start/stop feature, how are you feeling about it, and how are you dealing with it if you don't like it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    LL, or others, does yours have the engine start/stop feature, how are you feeling about it, and how are you dealing with it if you don't like it?
    My buddy hates it (same guy I referenced in my first post at the top of the thread). His view is that a starter has a finite number of starts and this "feature" just artificially uses them up. He punches the disable button every time he starts the truck.

He has considered one of the defeat devices, but hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Chris

I had a battery replaced, on warranty, after several months. It might have just been a lemon battery, or too many starts/stops on in-town errands and not enough longer trips for the charging to catch up. I deal with it by having my 'start the car' routine include pushing the disable button.

It's kind of funny - if you're spending all day on the interstate, the auto-start won't kick in enough to make much of a difference. If you have too many short trips with too many stops, maybe you end up running the battery down. If your usage is just right, like Goldilocks, it could be awesome. I wish there was a permanent disable option (in the vehicle software, supported by Ford, not the add on switches that 'push' themselves and so on).

Site Supporter
    Supposedly this tool is very handy when changing the transmission fluid on the new 10sp tranny.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIK...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Haven’t done a fluid change personally but the mechanics I talk to say the tool comes in handy

It’s hard to explain exactly how much power the 3.5 Ecoboost has
    Today I was on I-70 in Indiana and an Explorer with Iowa plates on it was just parked in the left lane. I mean like seriously after I had passed them miles and miles later (I could tell they were trying to catch back up) when I saw them get in the right lane I muttered to the dog "They must need gas" and sure as shit, they hit the next exit. Anyway, back to the "after I passed them " part. Ater I got really tired of their shit I started to roll on past in the right lane (I know, I know...) and they started to speed up, a little at first, then a bit more.

It didn't work.

Glad I didn't need bailed out.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-29-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    My buddy hates it (same guy I referenced in my first post at the top of the thread).
    A friend that has it that I would expect to hate it doesn't mind it. OTOH I have rented cars that have it and it bugged the shit out of me. I think I have a tendency to move ahead in traffic slowly, so it was kicking on and off frequently. So maybe it can vary by user?

I’m going with 5 Star tuning, most likely. I get my bed cover tomorrow, standby for a review.
    5 Star is the way to go. Take the silencer rings out of the intakes (free) and remove the sound deadening from under the engine and you’ll really hear the turbos spool. Pair the tuner with an aftermarket free-er flowing exhaust would be a nice combo.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    A friend that has it that I would expect to hate it doesn't mind it. OTOH I have rented cars that have it and it bugged the shit out of me. I think I have a tendency to move ahead in traffic slowly, so it was kicking on and off frequently. So maybe it can vary by user?
    Or by vehicle? If you weren't paying attention, on the F-150 it was easy to not notice when autostart did its thing. I'd look at the tach to be sure :-). It was really, really impressive how invisible they made it.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Or by vehicle? If you weren't paying attention, on the F-150 it was easy to not notice when autostart did its thing. I'd look at the tach to be sure :-). It was really, really impressive how invisible they made it.
    Now that I have recollected a bit more, you could be right, I think most of my rental experience was with various 4cyl smaller cars and it was evident when it happened, and I think was only really annoying when in a right turn on red lane, where you might move and stop and move and stop and move...

User Tag List