Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPS-UPS-FedEx-Prime: Holiday Shipping & Timeliness of Deliveries

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Shared by a friend who works in a main post office.

I've been in the Columbus MPO, it does not normally look like this.

Attachment 64970
    Here is a nearby local office in PA, they serve a town of around 6,000 residents. After the snow storm we had last week, very little has been out going with more incoming
    Name:  132112865_10218654301212311_8702073854105012650_n.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  49.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So its not just sitting there. They picked it up on the tenth at 3:17 and between the pick up point and the terminal they lost it.
    Situation resolved pkg is enroute to be delivered tomorrow. Frustrating to deal with usps. I was incorrectly informed by them my package was never picked up. Second call to usps I was not offered the call back keep your place in line option. Ended up going through online report lost mail and it got resolved within a few days. I think USPS coukd make it easier, if I hadnt been misinformed in the first call it wouldn’t have been so frustrating.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Typical USPS: Small package scheduled to be delivered by 9pm on Thursday to my home in Middleton, outside of Boise Idaho. It's in Las Vegas on Wednesday to things are looking good. Package does not show. Thursday it goes to Denver, CO, shows up on Saturday. What, there weren't enough packages going to Boise area by way of SLC? I'd rather USPS simply say "we have no idea when your package will be delivered". The people in our small town post office are great; the mail lady is great, but maybe they should under promise and over deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Here is a nearby local office in PA, they serve a town of around 6,000 residents. After the snow storm we had last week, very little has been out going with more incoming
    Name:  132112865_10218654301212311_8702073854105012650_n.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  49.8 KB
    That picture is worth a thousand words.

God bless everyone trying the unscrew this pooch.
    2020 is a year to be patient.... And wish you had bought AMZ 15 years ago.

U.S.P.S Priority flat rate box from Monmouth, Maine to rural Alaska.. 5 days. Meanwhile Amazon can't get us anything in under two weeks by whatever route they decide.

Bought something from an online retailer (not Amazon) 12 days ago and paid for UPS overnight shipping.

Even though it was shipped from a state very close to mine, I have yet to get it. The tracking number just tells me there has been a delay. Moral of the story, don’t waste money on faster shipping; you’ll get it when you get it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

An interesting, evolving experience is with “Newgistics” shipping, from an evil-bay seller in the UK. Pitney Bowes Expedited, a “shipping partner,” apparently the link between the UK’s Royal Mail and USPS, has a package that it picked up at the international terminal in Chicago, after UK’s Royal Mail got it right quickly across the pond, and got it relatively quickly to Grapevine, Texas, near Dallas, where it seems to be in long-term storage. I had received two conflicting estimated delivery dates, initially the 16th, then updated to the 10th, but it now has fallen-back to the 16th. As the 16th is several days away, and Grapevine is just a few hours up Interstate 45, I do not see this as “late,” yet. The USPS track and ship page recognizes the third of the three tracking numbers, and indicates that the label has been created, but that USPS is still awaiting the package. After prior experience with shipping partners leaving things at the USPS North Houston Distribution Center, I am not optimistic about delivery by the 16th, if it is dropped there, by a “shipping partner.” Time will tell.
    Well, an update; my package departed the Pitney-Bowes facility in Grapevine, Texas, on December 14th, after having been there since the 7th. Whether it is en route to another Pitney-Bowes facility, or to a USPS facility, remains a mystery, but there is a separate USPS tracking number, and USPS has not yet shown to have received the package. I am glad that I was not counting on this package to be a Christmas gift.

I had never heard of Pitney-Bowes being a courier/delivery service, before this. I had known Pitney-Bowes to be a brand name, seen on postal scales.

I have received several other recent USPS and UPS packages within decent time frames.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List