Page 237 of 380 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3792

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Bottom Captain here.......could be an F/O again soon depending on the recovery.
    @Trigger (for inclusion.)
    I just got downgraded....better than furloughed I guess. Don’t think I’ll stick around long enough to find out how quickly the 121 world bounces back. Sitting reserve in this post-covid travel paradigm doesn’t interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Attachment 64698

Tudor Black Bay GMT with the leather strap. I was always a steel bracelet or bust purist, but the leather has won me over.
    Oh man, I miss the 737. Spent a lot of time in that flight deck (relatively speaking, not compared to you airline pilots). Good bird, but I am biased!

Edit: Best of luck to you guys. My friend just started with Kalitta since the madness started. At least he gets some 747 time now.

Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Enlarging the holes in my Lum-Tec Combat B Bronze to fit Seiko Diver Fat Spring Bars

Spring bars
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798SBBRN/

Mini hand drill kit
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B4FD9VH/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Enlarging the holes in my Lum-Tec Combat B Bronze to fit Seiko Diver Fat Spring Bars

Spring bars
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798SBBRN/

Mini hand drill kit
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B4FD9VH/
    I have the same watch with brown face. It’s been fantastic. I love LumTec.

And now for something just silly. I don't know why, but I like it.

Name:  blueskull2.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  441694FB-D945-472F-8294-7961C6FAB2E2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  101.0 KB

My beloved Seiko Monster’s stem adjustment is getting a tad wonky after 12 plus years of street patrol abuse. Looks like I’ll be retiring it going to my SKX009 for my last couple of years. I upgraded the jubilee to the Super J with solid end links, screws, and dual button scissor clasp. I had to regulate it but it’s now +3 a day on the wrist and if I leave it stem down overnight, it settles back to dead on.

The GMT knock off is an Islander that’s new and it’s +2 a day out of the box. 300.00 with sapphire, hack/hand wind, etc. I’ll wear it off duty.

Name:  CCBFAE12-9B1C-4924-8300-FD5748A18F14.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  103.0 KB

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Name:  441694FB-D945-472F-8294-7961C6FAB2E2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  101.0 KB

My beloved Seiko Monster’s stem adjustment is getting a tad wonky after 12 plus years of street patrol abuse. Looks like I’ll be retiring it going to my SKX009 for my last couple of years. I upgraded the jubilee to the Super J with solid end links, screws, and dual button scissor clasp. I had to regulate it but it’s now +3 a day on the wrist and if I leave it stem down overnight, it settles back to dead on.

The GMT knock off is an Islander that’s new and it’s +2 a day out of the box. 300.00 with sapphire, hack/hand wind, etc. I’ll wear it off duty.

Name:  CCBFAE12-9B1C-4924-8300-FD5748A18F14.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  103.0 KB

Regards.
    Speaking as a fellow Monster lover - drop in a new movement and drive on...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Speaking as a fellow Monster lover - drop in a new movement and drive on...
    Yes, I am planning to do this sometime in 2021. I would prefer the hand wind/hack movement that was available in the later generations of Monsters.

My watch repair skills are rudimentary at best. I can open the case back for regulations, size bracelets, etc but that is about it. I have pulled up some videos on doing this swap and as I understand it, I'll need to buy some tools to pull the hands at the minimum.

I might be better off sending it to a shop to get it modded and if anyone knows of a good one, I'd appreciate the recommendations.

Regards.

Posted, well, just because I can rely on both!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Posted, well, just because I can rely on both!!!
    OK... where does one get one of those mugs?
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

User Tag List