Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

Is the 627 PC too big for carry? Not a good first revolver?
    Bert Gummer is my spirit animal

There's a couple -- which barrel length were you referring to?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    There's a couple -- which barrel length were you referring to?
    Uh, the one good enough for carry and shooting? This is a very generalized thread.

I have one, bought from my buddies shop when it was traded in on something else. It's got a big cylinder... Never carried it as I never got a holster made for it but it shouldn't be any worse than carrying any other N frame. Beast is heavy tho... IIRC Darryl Bolke advocates for this gun or one similar as a car gun....IE big revolver stoked with .357 car killers tucked under the leg while driving for road shenanigans....
    " The State is what it is because the citizens are what they are. We may not expect better States until we have better men." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I have one, bought from my buddies shop when it was traded in on something else. It's got a big cylinder... Never carried it as I never got a holster made for it but it shouldn't be any worse than carrying any other N frame. Beast is heavy tho... IIRC Darryl Bolke advocates for this gun or one similar as a car gun....IE big revolver stoked with .357 car killers tucked under the leg while driving for road shenanigans....
    OK, I'll scratch this one.

Are seven and eight shot revolvers generally considered too big for carry, or just eight shot ones?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are seven and eight shot revolvers generally considered too big for carry, or just eight shot ones?
    I carry a 7 shot 586 L-comp, those are fine, albeit a bit on the large side. Doable with the right holster selection. The 8 shots are really big, the cylinder diameter is just huge, and I wouldn't really want to try and carry one. That being said, Smif makes a 627 PC with a 2.6 inch barrel that I've had in and out of my cart on a bunch of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I carry a 7 shot 586 L-comp, those are fine, albeit a bit on the large side. Doable with the right holster selection. The 8 shots are really big, the cylinder diameter is just huge, and I wouldn't really want to try and carry one. That being said, Smif makes a 627 PC with a 2.6 inch barrel that I've had in and out of my cart on a bunch of occasions.
    What would you recommend for a fairly skinny member of the #AIWBMasterRace ?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What would you recommend for a fairly skinny member of the #AIWBMasterRace ?
    For holsters? JM Custom Kydex all day every day. And honestly, this L-frame I carry is really easy to conceal with my holster. Tony and I worked out the details on this specific rig and now he offers it as a catalog option.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    For holsters? JM Custom Kydex all day every day. And honestly, this L-frame I carry is really easy to conceal with my holster. Tony and I worked out the details on this specific rig and now he offers it as a catalog option.
    No, for pistol choice for carry and training. I already knew about JM Custom

User Tag List