Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Any details for the non Facebookers?
    I was able to view the link, and I don't have a FB account. That said, it's text in an image file, and the font is too small to be readable (maybe it's effectively a big thumbnail or something?), but I couldn't click through to the bigger image, so yeah, if anybody can put the text in the thread here, that would be helpful.

I am not a faeces-booker, and was able to read it, by simply following the link. Two congressmen sent a cease-and-desist letter to ATF.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    It's a letter on Congressional Letterhead from Congressmen Doug Collins and Matt Gaetz, demanding that the ATF cease their shenanigans on pistol braces, and asking to provide their offices with the criteria the ATF use to determine whether something is a stock or a brace no later than 1 NOV.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I was able to view the link, and I don't have a FB account. That said, it's text in an image file, and the font is too small to be readable (maybe it's effectively a big thumbnail or something?), but I couldn't click through to the bigger image, so yeah, if anybody can put the text in the thread here, that would be helpful.
    I tired to copy-and-paste the text into my iPad Notes, in the hope that I could then copy and paste just the text, here, but it didn’t work. Faeces book seems to have some technology that stops me from doing that. Doug Collins and Matt Gaetz are the congressmen who sent the letter, so their websites might have the text of the letter.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The erratic 'Legal today, Illegal tomorrow' standard is awful enough - but what deeply concerns me as a taxpayer and citizen is this particular line from the Ammoland article:

How the fuck is that acceptable? Isn't that literally their own FTB's lane to assess those issues and offer those conclusions?
    Regarding agents and employees not commenting, I wonder if that's because agents/employees have offered opinions inconsistent with actual rules, not that "nobody from ATF will respond". Like asking a street cop for an opinion when the prosecutor should be contacted.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Name:  Collins and Gaetz pistol brace.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  59.1 KB

Let's see if this works.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Regarding agents and employees not commenting, I wonder if that's because agents/employees have offered opinions inconsistent with actual rules, not that "nobody from ATF will respond". Like asking a street cop for an opinion when the prosecutor should be contacted.
    That's a fair point to bring up - but I don't think that's an accurate or fair comparison to the ATF/Pistol brace situation.

The ATF have a comparatively very narrow and specialized lane, and within that lane, they're supposed to be the exact folks that FFL's and such look to regarding the legality of things like pistol braces.
    On some oddball rare/weird/unusual situation, absolutely I can see the wisdom in a field agent or other first-line representative passing it up the chain or to the FTB because they don't know; but that should result in a definitive answer with empirical and repeatable criteria applied.

But pistol braces aren't rare/weird/unusual - It's a specific item that's in widespread common use. For the agency charged specifically with enforcing the laws within that lane, I'd expect them to have an answer for common stuff being sold en masse *right now*.
    Worst case, a field agent that didn't know the empirical criteria off the top of their head should be able to get an FFL or anyone else a straight answer following a short phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am not a faeces-booker, and was able to read it, by simply following the link. Two congressmen sent a cease-and-desist letter to ATF.
    Weird. I get a log in pop up.

Name:  D60AC96D-9E65-4437-B041-0112ECDAEAA4.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  15.4 KB

Letter has been attached so all good.

BATFE: the ultimate troll.

Site Supporter
    The first time I attended the NRA National Firearms Law Seminar (about a dozen years ago), one of the presenters was the head of the ATF. During the question and answer period, he answered "I don't know" to a large number of questions for which I felt it was not excusable for someone in his position not to know.

User Tag List