Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd question: what techniques have been used to reduce recoil in handguns?

Oh yes, the Kriss. It has a true recoil reduction system. Never fired one, but I understand they work quite well.

Cat

Another method is a roller locking system, such as with the CZ 52, H&K P9S, and a few others. It reduces recoil a bit in pistol calibers, but the effect has more to do with how it changes the timing of the recoil impulse.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

The two that come to mind are the STI Recoil Master guide rod and CZ design of slide running inside the frame. I think an indirect thing that reduces felt recoil is polymer frames. For example the CZ P09 is very soft shooting.

Odd question: what techniques have been used to reduce recoil in handguns?

Nevermind, too early, no coffee, Farscott already covered these.

Polymer frames. You can still make the pistol heavy in other ways, but polymer frame flex does reduce felt recoil.

Stronger hammer spring. This reduces rearward slide velocity, causing less flip.

Finally, biomechanics. Everything from grip, to core muscles (or tactical padding for some folks), can all play into how the gun behaves during recoil.
    Last edited by Coyote41; 10-06-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: I can’t read.

Last but not least eat your Wheaties, grow a set and act like a man!

Seriously, everyone up to this point has pointed out things that can be done to the weapon system. Let's not forget there will be a difference between a large brute, pajama boy and a skilled operator who knows how to properly grip and control a handgun.

Back to add: Ah, Coyote41 snuck in in while I was typing.

User Tag List