Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @tlong17, all US mags on the 12 round ones with issues? Were any damaged when dropped or was it during usage? If they broke during usage did it cause a malfunction when it happened? I am also curious if there were malfunctions you would consider warning of the early failure, (issues with 147gr?). Thank you for any more info you can provide.
    Yes they were all Checkmate (C) made in USA mags. I think Checkmate are the only ones who make the P365 mags but I could be wrong. I've never seen one that wasn't. The issues I had with failures to feed occurred after I noticed the cracking. I only noticed the cracking when I was putting the mags back in my range bag and it prompted me to check all the rest of my mags. I did start using the cracked mag as my dedicated dry fire "drop" mag and then use it again in live fire for reload drills.

I have not had the failure to feed issue with any other magazine other than the cracked one. As others have mentioned, it could be that I didn't load the 147's to fully seat them against the back of the magazine and not necessarily have anything to do with the crack. Others have reported issues with failures to feed with 147 AE (and 147 HST) although this is the first time I've had in this issue in many thousands of rounds. I have not had any other early warning issues at all with my 2 XL samples (or regular 365 samples) other than shooter induced failure to slide lock on an empty mag. I'm attributing this failure to feed issue to the magazine at this point.

The feed ramps on my barrels are the newer style as of last summer. Which I don't think they've changed again since the XL came out. Original 365 has 2 or 3 variations from what i've seen. 147 JHP and FMJ have all worked without problems from various manufacturers.

Attachment 59310

@tlong17 thanks, good info on the magazines.

For reference, I just looked at the five 12 rounders I have. Two came with the gun which I bought in May (March 20 build) and three from Osage in June. Gun has 580 rounds, total, mixed evenly through all five of these. I don't see any deformation or splitting. These are all stamped "Sig Sauer 9mm" on the left of the tube, and "Made in USA (C)" on the right.

The only thing I find curious (I am not a mettalurgist) is the striations or vertical pattern which exists only on the rear of the tube which align with your deformation/splitting; I don't see these patterns on the rest of the steel of the mag tube on either side, or the front (where the seam seems to be.) As say, curious.

Name:  IMG_7493.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  41.6 KB

@tlong17 thank you for all the extra info. I think all the 12 round mags I have and have seen are USA made CM mags. I have a few 10's that are stamped made in Italy. I didn't know if there were any non US made 12's. Anecdotally I don't have a large sample size but I do have two 365's and two XL's. I have 500 through one P365 and 600 through an XL and they both seem to be running well. I've actually run just over 200 rounds of HST 147's, through the two samples that I have been shooting and they seem to run them fine. I will say that the 124gr +P and standard pressure seem preferred though. Accuracy is better and the recoil impulse is still softer than what I am used to with the 43X's and 48's. I think sig definitely got the RSA right on the XL.

I will certainly keep an eye out on my mags and round counts on training mags if I can keep the patience to do so. Are the base plates still prone to breakage or has anyone found a fix? I know that @RJ posted some photos of a different base pad he was looking at but I believe someone else chimed in and said they did poorly with being dropped.

I will certainly keep an eye out on my mags and round counts on training mags if I can keep the patience to do so. Are the base plates still prone to breakage or has anyone found a fix? I know that @RJ posted some photos of a different base pad he was looking at but I believe someone else chimed in and said they did poorly with being dropped.
    I have my first match on Friday since February, a local 4-stage. I have one of the Tactical Development Pro Ledge Plus basepads on one of my magazines. My intention is to use that one for my start mag (normally I load it with 11 so as to have 10 in the mag at the beep, so it will get the most bouncing on the ground. My local USPSA range is a mix of gravel and sand/dirt. I'll see how it goes.

https://tactical.dev/collections/p36...-xl-pinky-plus

@tlong17 thank you for all the extra info. I think all the 12 round mags I have and have seen are USA made CM mags. I have a few 10's that are stamped made in Italy. I didn't know if there were any non US made 12's. Anecdotally I don't have a large sample size but I do have two 365's and two XL's. I have 500 through one P365 and 600 through an XL and they both seem to be running well. I've actually run just over 200 rounds of HST 147's, through the two samples that I have been shooting and they seem to run them fine. I will say that the 124gr +P and standard pressure seem preferred though. Accuracy is better and the recoil impulse is still softer than what I am used to with the 43X's and 48's. I think sig definitely got the RSA right on the XL.

I'm waiting to get my hands on some 124 +P Gold Dots as well to see how they run. Will be nice to have a secondary round to rely on. Glad to hear you're having good results.

I have dropped mags on concrete quite a bit, especially the one with the broken feed lips, and haven't had any issues with base pads yet. I am expecting it to happen eventually though.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I'm waiting to get my hands on some 124 +P Gold Dots as well to see how they run. Will be nice to have a secondary round to rely on. Glad to hear you're having good results.
    FWIW I snagged some 124+p Gold Dots a couple weeks ago from targetsportsusa before they ran out. I put a mag of them downrange session before last with no issues. Admittedly a small sample, but just wanted to let you know. Only real difference was they felt a bit zippier than my normal Federal 147 HST. I've used them, and the standard pressure 124 GDs, off and on for carry ammo for a while. Since they are on Doc's list, and have a lot of support here, I feel pretty confident in them.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    FWIW I snagged some 124+p Gold Dots a couple weeks ago from targetsportsusa before they ran out. I put a mag of them downrange session before last with no issues. Admittedly a small sample, but just wanted to let you know. Only real difference was they felt a bit zippier than my normal Federal 147 HST. I've used them, and the standard pressure 124 GDs, off and on for carry ammo for a while. Since they are on Doc's list, and have a lot of support here, I feel pretty confident in them.
    The 124+P Gold Dot at 1,220 FPS and 410 PFE should feel zippier than the 147 HST at 1,000 FPS and 326 PFE.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The 124+P Gold Dot at 1,220 FPS and 410 PFE should feel zippier than the 147 HST at 1,000 FPS and 326 PFE.
    Sure it should, but I can tell you that out of a G17/19/26, they really don't, for me. 147 gr GD feel even less zippier and 124gr +P HST feel the most "zippier" of all.

I think that it's very individual; how the gun works with your hand will likely give the ammo you use a different feel, and that will change from individual to individual.

Still, it's just 9mm and the differences are tiny.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I was noticing @Gadfly's comments on a bent ejector of his P320, here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....(bent-ejector)

Not being a gunsmith, can someone clarify, on the P356XL (or P365), is the ejector the little stubby angled piece that sits above the slide level? (circled in red, below) It looks like it to me, I just wanted to be sure. From the appearance of this ejector, it appears less likely to bend/torque in the event of a upward push. (and I stuck a full mag into the frame, and while it looks like the top of the top round "just" sits on the bottom of the ejector, it is limited by the mag base pad from moving any farther in.

On that basis, I would conclude the P365/XL FCU "internal" ejector design is likely to exhibit this issue than the longer, more extended P320 ejector design?

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-08-26 12-41-12.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  18.6 KB

I think I've asked before but haven't seen any news on it - any idea if Wilson Combat plans to release their version of the 320 grip module, but for the 365/365XL?

User Tag List