Page 224 of 384 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3837

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    "Speaking of Natos/Zulus, this place, below, is owned by a friend. Rock solid, vet owned company started by an enthusiast who didn’t like the quality of service and product previously available. Two thumbs up on all these straps:

https://www.utewatchco.com/"

Lack of transparency re country of origin is a hard pass for me these days. He does not say made in USA in any of his copy yet his prices are a quite high relatively speaking.

A 60 sec google search will get you to an older version of his website. That post indicates that All NATO straps are sewn off shore, to include his, mostly in Hong Kong.

https://www.utewatchco.com/blogs/new...d-mirrors-here.

I could really see that U1 on my wrist. Maybe it’s time to sell off a few of my Monsters that don’t get worn, and the Turtle, and the...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    "Speaking of Natos/Zulus, this place, below, is owned by a friend. Rock solid, vet owned company started by an enthusiast who didn’t like the quality of service and product previously available. Two thumbs up on all these straps:

https://www.utewatchco.com/"

Lack of transparency re country of origin is a hard pass for me these days. He does not say made in USA in any of his copy yet his prices are a quite high relatively speaking.

A 60 sec google search will get you to an older version of his website. That post indicates that All NATO straps are sewn off shore, to include his, mostly in Hong Kong.

https://www.utewatchco.com/blogs/new...d-mirrors-here.
    So what the fuck is your problem, again? This guy is rock solid.

Site Supporter
    TP

1. Do you feel better?

2. I stated no falsehoods re the product
    or the country of origin based on info
    publicly avail. on the internet.

3. I expressed no opinion on the quality
    of the product.

4. If you think that 30+ dollars for a
    Hong Kong sewn nylon watch strap
    represents good value, go for it.

Site Supporter
    FWIW there are NATO's and Zulu's there for various prices down to about $16. The $30 is for the seatbelt style strap.

TP

1. Do you feel better?
    Yup, because I’m standing up for a good father, husband, vet, and entrepreneur who isn’t here to stand up for himself.

2. I stated no falsehoods re the product
    or the country of origin based on info
    publicly avail. on the internet.
    "Lack of transparency on country of origin is a hard pass for me these days” carries the very real possibility of the reader inferring the above, intentional or not, would you agree? It read that way to me.

Straight up: his site is no different than yours in this regard. Point me to the country of origin transparency on your endeavor, and I’ll stand corrected, but it looks a lot like you fishing for twigs in another business eye while the log floats in yours. Again, point me to the country of origin statement of your blanks, and I’ll stand corrected.

3. I expressed no opinion on the quality
    of the product.
    Fair enough

I do, and if you would engage me on why I feel that way, then we can have a dialog. If all you are going to do is shit on a fellow businessman for no reason, then I’m done with you.

If you can’t say something nice, and all that.

I’m still not sure why you bothered posting. Again, I’m not seeing a lot of difference in the way you have your own site set up, and I wouldn’t go on a watch forum to run suck about country of origin labeling or price on your grips, and neither would Terry, the owner of ute straps. Him, I will have a beer with again any day.

You, not so much.

I’m sure we can all live with that.

Site Supporter
    https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/

These are great, and not overpriced.

Site Supporter
    TP

1. My blanks are molded in the US.
    2. I do the work in the US.
    3. I ship from the US.
    4. I do not possess the technical acumen to change my website to reflect that and the guy who set it up is unavailable to me at the moment to make a change. Your point is well taken so going forward, I will be sure I mention it when I acknowledge my orders and discuss my product. Going forward, If any customer has an issue with my transparency statement that the grip blanks are molded/textured/shipped in/from the US, I will gladly and promptly issue a refund.

5. Clearly you are taking this personally. So be it. Country of Origin, price, value, performance, etc. have been fair game on this site since I joined the day it went live in Feb 2011 re virtually any product discussed. Period. Full Stop.

6. You drop an f bomb from jump street and then want to dialog about how a HK sewn seatbelt fabric strap delivers value at 30+?

7. I shit on no one in this thread. Being a businessman does not make you impervious to being shat on not does it preclude one from shitting on someone. To extrapolate, Trijicon gets shat on because of premium pricing on their made in the USA product. Trijicon can shit on any number of off shore manufacturers who endeavor to undercut their price and/or steal their technology.

8. Like a multitude of others on this site, from long-standing members who trained with TLG ( I happen to be in that group) to those who joined more recently, opinions re a whole host of issues have been and will continue to be expressed virtually every time somebody says hey guys look at this widget seller etc.

9. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a beer drinker.

Phone typed

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm leaning toward a U50...
    I'm in the same (U)boat. Watchbuys says current reservations on a U50 won't be ready until March-April. However, their Sinn costs jump ~12% on September 1st due to the exchange rate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/

These are great, and not overpriced.
    Shipping may take a while given the distance (Sweden) and current issues with USPS, but I've been happy with the straps I've ordered from them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List