Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 50 state firearm?

Don't expect local LEOs to know what the rules are for you to CCW or have a weapon, with a Florida permit.
    Belt and Suspenders:
    Have a copy of links and book with you.
    Also, my understanding is that the UT out of state permit gives you 42 total states to legally CCW.
    It is, 2nd hand, the most carefully culled list running 9 different databases every night. Not just NICS.
    There are two guys who are licensed to teach the UT ccw in S Florida and it is a 3 or 4 hour class.
    I found the rules substantially different from Fl.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It’s an odd thing: as a WA resident, I can carry a G45 with a 21-round magazine in it (hypothetically; I’m too skinny to realistically pull that one off) in Seattle, but not a clinch pick.
    Same in VA. Can't carry an automatic knife or sap, but can carry and conceal whatever handgun with, for now, whatever capacity magazine I want.

We also can't conceal a fixed blade knife, even if the blade on said fixed blade knife is smaller than typical folders.

Chris

I just did my CCW renewal and learned about another obscure California law that, according to the instructor, some overzealous DA somewhere has used against a gun owner because they had a laser covering the serial # on the front of their frame.

Quote Originally Posted by CA PC 537e
    (a) Any person who knowingly buys, sells, receives, disposes of, conceals, or has in his or her possession any personal property from which the manufacturer’s serial number, identification number, electronic serial number, or any other distinguishing number or identification mark has been removed, defaced, covered, altered, or destroyed, is guilty of a public offense, punishable as follows:

(1) If the value of the property does not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950), by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months.

(2) If the value of the property exceeds nine hundred fifty dollars ($950), by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I just did my CCW renewal and learned about another obscure California law that, according to the instructor, some overzealous DA somewhere has used against a gun owner because they had a laser covering the serial # on the front of their frame.
    That's an interesting law. Note that is isn't limited to guns. I just looked around my desk ... lotsa things with serial numbers. One example is my $10 wireless mouse, a headlamp, ...

I sure wouldn't have thought wrapping tape around a cheap flashlight would end up putting me in jail.

User Tag List