Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical coming out with something...?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So now that there’s a good solid way to mount a dot to a Beretta 92, which is going to carry better: a Beretta 92 Compact w/RDO or a PX4c w/RDO? Did anyone ever make proper BUIS for the PX4/PX4c?

He is working on them. Even showed a preview in a video.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1033626
    Post 3718
    He thought they were close, but with the shutdowns, not sure if there was an issue, or just not up to production yet.

I'd prefer the dot on that, because it is my preferred gun.

Site Supporter
    @LangdonTactical

Is the original 92G Vertec slide compatible with this work? Or does this only work with the old F-based and current universal Vertec slides?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    He is working on them. Even showed a preview in a video.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1033626
    Post 3718
    He thought they were close, but with the shutdowns, not sure if there was an issue, or just not up to production yet.

I'd prefer the dot on that, because it is my preferred gun.
    I’m thinking about dipping my toe in the red dot water with an SRO on a 92. If that goes well, an RMR on a PX4CC could well end up being my carry solution.

I’ve definitely come to prefer carrying the PX4CC to the compact 92 models myself.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I’m thinking about dipping my toe in the red dot water with an SRO on a 92. If that goes well, an RMR on a PX4CC could well end up being my carry solution.

I’ve definitely come to prefer carrying the PX4CC to the compact 92 models myself.
    While I have gone on record as lusting after this latest offering in an excessive manner, I might be persuaded that the PX4 with an RDO is actually a more appropriate venue for me. Hmm.

Hmm.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    @LangdonTactical

Is the original 92G Vertec slide compatible with this work? Or does this only work with the old F-based and current universal Vertec slides?
    This is EL's response to me. I measured an old 92F slide vs. an M9A3 and the 92F was slightly shorter from the bottom of frame rails to the flat on top of the slide. However, if you look at the flats on top of each slide, the M9A3 is wider, and the shape of the slide is slightly different from a 92F (looking at it from the breech end). Comparing the two, I don't think it's a matter of programming; I don't think the concept is possible on a 92F.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    No Sir.

Right now, we are only going to work on Vertec style slides. So that means Vertecs, M9A3, Elite LTTs, 92X, and also 92A1/96A1. The reason for this is the CNC machines are set up and programmed for that deck hight as well as the way the adaptor plates are made.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So now that there’s a good solid way to mount a dot to a Beretta 92, which is going to carry better: a Beretta 92 Compact w/RDO or a PX4c w/RDO? Did anyone ever make proper BUIS for the PX4/PX4c?
    According to Beretta USA, the PX4c is a 1/4" shorter and 4oz lighter than the 92c.

My PX4c is
    1.1" wide at the frame and slide.
    1.2" wide Holosun 407c/507c.
    1.2" wide at the old "Fugly/stealth" decocker levers levers.
    1.3" wide at the low profile slide catch lever.

Beretta USA says the PX4 Compact Carry is 1.4" wide and the LTT 92 Elite Compact is 1.5" wide. (I don't know where they're measuring)

I have a PX4c with a Holosun 407c on it. It's a great little carry gun. A PX4c w/ a Holosun 507k would likely be even better, but I don't know if LTT does a 507k plate yet).

There are currently no BUIS for the PX4 line. Last I heard, Ameriglo has them on the to-do list, but COVID, etc. To quote Tom Jones regarding The Gadget: "#Soon."

Comparing my RDO Solution PX4c to the RDO 92 videos, the 92 mounting solution appears more robust than the PX4 RDO solution. All else being equal, if Aaron Cowan level durability is a consideration, my impression is the 92 gets the nod in this particular criteria.

Hope this helps.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    This is EL's response to me. I measured an old 92F slide vs. an M9A3 and the 92F was slightly shorter from the bottom of frame rails to the flat on top of the slide. However, if you look at the flats on top of each slide, the M9A3 is wider, and the shape of the slide is slightly different from a 92F (looking at it from the breech end). Comparing the two, I don't think it's a matter of programming; I don't think the concept is possible on a 92F.
    Yeah, I do understand that. I guess I could have worded my question better. I'm asking about the original 92G Vertec slide specifically, and what I meant was that the 92FS (or "F style") Vertec slide has been said to be good to go for this work. We know the D slides don't work because of the internals. But the G Vertec slide hasn't had a yes or no to it yet, unless EL was meaning 'any Vertec slide with safety levers' literally, because technically the G Vertec has decockers and not safety levers.

The reason I differentiated between the F style Vertec slide and the original G style is that they're 2 different slides. When the M9A3 slide was developed, it used the Vertec F slide as a foundation, and the user-switchable G decocker that was introduced with the M9A3 allows Beretta to only make the F style slide moving forward. The new G decocker means that the original Vertec G slide (and the standard 92G slide also) has become a developmental dead end, and to my knowledge Beretta hasn't made a dedicated non-Brigadier G slide since then.

So this modification, so far, is definitely OK for any Vertec F-style slide which includes the M9A3 in both F and G configurations. We know it doesn't work on the D, we know it doesn't work on any of the standard fixed front sight slides.

Anyway, all that is to say that the Vertec G slide is kind of a unicorn and I'd like to hear a yes or no on it specifically. UNLESS my reading comprehension stinks, I haven't seen that yet. But I did go through this thread before I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    According to Beretta USA, the PX4c is a 1/4" shorter and 4oz lighter than the 92c.

My PX4c is

Beretta USA says the PX4 Compact Carry is 1.4" wide and the LTT 92 Elite Compact is 1.5" wide. (I don't know where they're measuring)

I have a PX4c with a Holosun 407c on it. It's a great little carry gun. A PX4c w/ a Holosun 507k would likely be even better, but I don't know if LTT does a 507k plate yet).

There are currently no BUIS for the PX4 line. Last I heard, Ameriglo has them on the to-do list, but COVID, etc. To quote Tom Jones regarding The Gadget: "#Soon."

Comparing my RDO Solution PX4c to the RDO 92 videos, the 92 mounting solution appears more robust than the PX4 RDO solution. All else being equal, if Aaron Cowan level durability is a consideration, my impression is the 92 gets the nod in this particular criteria.

Hope this helps.
    I think they are attempting to go at the back up sights with a different distributor now. Hopefully one comes through, would much rather the red dot on the px4 over the 92. I brought up the 507k in an email to see if they can mill the slide so the red dot connects straight to it. Being its so short and has back up irons already on it i figured it might work with the stock front sight. They said they are always looking to improve on what they have, but no plans right now.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

My PX4c is

Hope this helps.
    It does, thank you. I’m not in a position to scoop one right now, but I probably will be in a year or two. I like the recoil impulse of an aluminum frame better anywho, so even better. I’ll have to get hands on with the next compact I see in person.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We still have about 50 guns in stock and ready to go, those numbers are changing constantly. I think we shipped 65 guns yesterday.
    Would you happen to have any full-size LTT Elites (classic/non red-dot version) left by chance? The website says they are 1-3 weeks out. Thanks.

User Tag List