Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW GP/K/L frame vs single stack auto, why?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    For those who didn't get a program at the front gate, P&S #166 is Revolver Bias with @Hizzie, @jetfire and @Chuck Haggard. #197 is Snubbies! with @Dagga Boy and Chris Baker of Lucky Gunner (is he a member here?). I re-listened to Revolver Bias today and started re-listening to Snubbies before leaving work. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Between the 2 podcasts, I was reminded of the 3" LCR models. Next time I'm at the range I'll have to see if they have any in the rental case and give them a spin if they do. I get the impression either the .357 3" LCRx or 4" SP101 could be a potential Goldilocks for me.
    For what it's worth, you may want to consider the longer barrel if you're thinking actual belt carry. With AIWB I've found revolver barrels to 4" make no difference to concealibity and in some circumstances are actually even more comfortable than a snub of the same frame size.

Here's Skeeter Skelton's thoughts on barrel length, including 'belly carry':

https://web.archive.org/web/20190801...%20Barrels.htm

When I went to pull up the article I found the owner of darkcanyon.net has sadly passed and the site is no more. It lives on in the Wayback Internet Archive :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    is there a link? from what i can tell is this early in the transition to semi by non gun people?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It’s a shame @Dagga Boy is taking a break from the forum. This conversation would be right up his alley. I recommend listening to the P&S episodes about revolvers and non-standard defensive weapons for anyone that hasn’t yet.
    Wealth of responses from DB and others here https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....article-in-MSW after my Revolver Relevance article.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    is there a link? from what i can tell is this early in the transition to semi by non gun people?
    No, im sorry. I lost the file when my old phone died. This pic was a screenshot that was backed up with my pics

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Aveni/OIS.pdf
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Thanks

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Yes, thanks. That’s some solid reading right there...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Thank you BehindBluel's, what a treasure trove of information. I became distracted perusing it, good stuff.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Also contact shots, both successful with wheelguns and pushing the slide out of battery with a GLOCK. Several shots taken within clothing, as well.
    Wanna know how I can tell that someone hasn't been to a Shivworks class?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

That one can keep an auto from tying up through technique and assure proper execution as best as possible by quality practice after mindful instruction wasn't the point. Nor was the point to dismiss increased retention concerns that result from allowing the gun to float out toward the adversary as it does with contact shots. The quoted post just came to mind while flipping through a book.

User Tag List