Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    An LEO in the county I grew up in was caught driving drunk in a city in the next county. They did not call him an uber, the county's sheriff's office gave him a personal taxi paud for by the taxpayer and no charges. He also was not parked and sleeping it off, he was driving around drunk bar hopping.

I have no sympathy at all for the dead drunk but until laws apply equally to all.......
    That is a rarity, and has been for quite some time. I hear and read of LEOs being taken in for DWI quite frequently. It was less common back a couple of decades ago...and even less going further back.

As far as I can tell, having a badge and ID is no longer a shield from this infraction. Pun not really intended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    An LEO in the county I grew up in was caught driving drunk in a city in the next county. They did not call him an uber, the county's sheriff's office gave him a personal taxi paid for by the taxpayer and no charges. He also was not parked and sleeping it off, he was driving around drunk bar hoping.

I have no sympathy at all for the dead drunk but until laws apply equally to all.......
    In the days of Axons and MADD that doesn’t happen very often any more for anyone. I know two cops on the last two-three months who’ve gotten popped for DUI.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I've prosecuted four police officers over the past few years for DUI, FWIW. Those are always grating fun because the defense attorney will come in with a stack of paper a half inch thick with every commendation the officer's ever received and talking about what a shame it would be to ruin that particular officer's career, with a heavy implication that I'm the one doing the ruining.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    The OSS has some helpful hints (see section 11a on page 28):

https://www.cia.gov/news-information...abotage_sm.pdf

(for anyone who hasn't seen it, in WWII the OSS came up with a pamphlet with suggestions for how workers in occupied Europe could discreetly sabotage war production. Much of it is 'blue collar' sabotage - run your drill press too fast (wears out tooling prematurely) or too slow (fewer parts per hour), sand in the crankcase, etc, etc. But one section is for the white collar folks ... and their hints on how to sabotage things will be all too familiar to anyone who has worked in a large bureaucracy.

I was not a good bureaucrat ... I had am image of that page framed on my office wall.)
    I've seen this on some job shack walls.

Last edited by Borderland; 06-14-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I've prosecuted four police officers over the past few years for DUI, FWIW. Those are always grating fun because the defense attorney will come in with a stack of paper a half inch thick with every commendation the officer's ever received and talking about what a shame it would be to ruin that particular officer's career, with a heavy implication that I'm the one doing the ruining.
    It is a shame, regardless.

A Sgt. or Lt. from a local P.D. in a drunken fit decided to fight me in a PBA lounge after I told him to stop picking on some female admin employees that were in there simply to play pool and have a good time. It could have ended badly...but fortunately didn't.

He kept his job but had to go through a program and issue official apologies. I told my agency as well as his that as far as I was concerned, he could apologize to the women he abused, but I needed no apology and he didn't need to enter a program on my account.

He was lucky I kept my cool...and I was lucky that when I was on top of him wondering what I should do, that one of his guys didn't kick my teeth down my throat, as all I could focus on was their shoes.

And of course, all of us were armed.

It made for some tense moments when I had to work with friends and colleagues from his outfit for a few weeks...and I didn't start the donnybrook.

It's truly amazing that back then there weren't even more alcohol related events than there were, to be honest.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I agree it is less common than years past but does happen. It never even made the local paper. The only reason I know of it is that I know the dispatcher that was on duty that night.

The one in Christain County Ky. did make the paper. Two off duty Hopkinville LEOs got drunk and decided to kidnap a woman that had recently broken off relations with one of them. In this city they take their cruisers home with them if they live within the county.

So they get drunk, go out in a marked city police cruiser , grab her , handcuff her and toss her in the back , then they do burnouts and donuts in the Food Lion parking lot on the west side of Hopkinsville. MONTHS after this happend one was suspended for 30 days and the other up and quit and started at the Sheriff's office in the next county to the west.

The only reason anything was done to them was the girls father refused to let it go and kept pushing and keeping attention on the cover up.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.kut.org/post/travis-coun...driving-update

The DA in Austin, Texas was arrested and eventually plead guilty to DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Tell that to Michael Douglas...

Attachment 55838
    So THAT’S where Ruger got the idea for their new PCC cherger...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    In the days of Axons and MADD that doesn’t happen very often any more for anyone. I know two cops on the last two-three months who’ve gotten popped for DUI.
    DUI and alcohol related shenanigans is probably one of the biggest culture shifts I've seen in my time in LE. It used to be accepted if not encouraged. Now it's damn near unforgivable. The pendulum swung hard on that one.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    DUI and alcohol related shenanigans is probably one of the biggest culture shifts I've seen in my time in LE. It used to be accepted if not encouraged. Now it's damn near unforgivable. The pendulum swung hard on that one.
    If you were LE or FD and didn't cause damage to anyone's car or property, you got a pass. That ended in the early 2000s.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List