Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Swaged some range pickup .300BO today. I still haven’t gotten the App 100% dialed in for .300BO yet, but it’s close. I’m getting it figured out.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Swaged some range pickup .300BO today. I still haven’t gotten the App 100% dialed in for .300BO yet, but it’s close. I’m getting it figured out.

Looking good.

Have you tried sizing with the x shell holder yet? I seem to recall that it wasn't recommended with the x SH but it seems to be working fine here:

https://youtu.be/ApkXLYqQpSY

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not sure if I should call this the bucket mod or the catalog mod.

For those using this press on Lee’s bench/stand setup, you’ll probably notice that running off the acrobin kinda deaf ears the point to some extent, and the brass lands where a 5 gallon bucket can’t reach.

I present the zero dollar fix.

Just found on Ebay a dillon casefeeder to APP conversion kit, and thought i would let you all know!

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Just found on Ebay a dillon casefeeder to APP conversion kit, and thought i would let you all know!
    Looks to be the same fellow making the adapter for the Hornady case feeder.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Damnit, I don't think it will work with how my bench is set up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dillon-XL65...AAAOSwE0BerJat
    #RESIST

Damnit, I don't think it will work with how my bench is set up.
    While that is exactly how I envisioned it working for me, I am sure you could concoct an alternative post for your bench. I didn't have a piece to try, but I measured the 650 pole and I am sure a piece of cheap 1" EMT conduit would work. I have, if I can find them, more of the knobs, apparently I bought ten of them...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    While that is exactly how I envisioned it working for me, I am sure you could concoct an alternative post for your bench. I didn't have a piece to try, but I measured the 650 pole and I am sure a piece of cheap 1" EMT conduit would work. I have, if I can find them, more of the knobs, apparently I bought ten of them...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Goddamn that late night, drunken Amazon ordering

I don't think I can pull it off, I'll post a picture of my LL-engineered bench.
    #RESIST

Goddamn that late night, drunken Amazon ordering
    Pretty sure I wasn't lit, more like in my mind I was saving $300 by not buying a second feeder so IDGAF about no ten bucks!!!

Depriming

Got my APP set up today, and screwed in the Lee Carbide Resizer/Deprimer. I had no idea how much .45 ACP brass I had on hand, but my right arm and shoulder will tell you that 1850+ pulls on that handle will wear you out. Here's the primer catch bottle when I was done:
    Name:  Pile o Primers.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  34.2 KB

Maybe I just haven't got the hang of this yet, but I'm underwhelmed with reliability on this. Feeding from the case feed tube, I was averaging 2-3 "failures to feed" on each tube of 18 cases. Any case even slightly out of round will slow down the drop of the round in the tube, and frequently causes hang ups where no case drops onto the claw. The claw "misfires" (doesn't open) about once every 20-30 tries, and doesn't feed the case cleanly under the resize die (drops it off short) about the same frequency. All told, in about 1800 rounds, I probably had 200+ issues that caused me to stop operations, manually clear the issue, and restart.

I'm open to suggestions on how to fine-tune this thing to get better functioning, I'd be happy to hear it.

User Tag List