Page 132 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2082

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I'd still take the B&T over the Sig despite its flaws because I am still not quite off the Sig hate train. They drop support without notice, QC blows, they don't deliver on half of what they say they will in addition to flat out making promises they know they can't keep or just flat out don't intend to, (that's just scratching the surface, and I'm not even talking about the giant P320 debacle).
    It's been what....2 years since ICE adopted the MPX? Still vaporware, they have yet to see them.

Sort of a low-profile tacit admission that the gun isn't ready for duty use, regardless of the rave reviews by civilian shooters.

"Better to let everyone think you're an idiot instead of open your mouth and remove all doubt" sort of situation on SIGs end, is my impression.

With that said the military SOF variant of the Rattler (LVAW) has been in use since 2014 and is still not terribly common to see overseas, regardless of the rave reviews by civilian shooters. That's a little telling to me as well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    With that said the military SOF variant of the Rattler (LVAW) has been in use since 2014 and is still not terribly common to see overseas, regardless of the rave reviews by civilian shooters. That's a little telling to me as well.
    Can't speak to US SOF units but the small contingent of Brits that use them in their intended role are quite happy with them. I know of at least 4 Rattlers under direct supervision of the best man at my second wedding. Prolific....no. In use? Most assuredly.

I think George's statement about them is most succinct. Carried a lot...shot very little much like a Ti J frame. It's a specialty piece for a particular niche'. That being said, I don't think the Rattler is nearly as bad to shoot without the can based on the feedback of George and EPF. Maybe more shootable recreationally then that little ti wheelgun.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Can't speak to US SOF units but the small contingent of Brits that use them in their intended role are quite happy with them. I know of at least 4 Rattlers under direct supervision of the best man at my second wedding. Prolific....no. In use? Most assuredly.
    I'm curious, 300 or 5.56? For some reason I thought they were using 5.56 after T&Eing the 300.

It could totally be a logistical reason why the LVAW isn't in more widespread use. It's just surprising to me that with it being toted on gun forums as the solution to every problem under the sun that it isn't more widespread after at least 6 years of use.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

If CZ would just offer the Bren 2 in 300blk id probably have to pick one up. But for now I think Im just going to add the LAW to my Mk18 to make it a little more transport friendly.
    Last edited by shane45; 04-28-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm curious, 300 or 5.56? For some reason I thought they were using 5.56 after T&Eing the 300.

It could totally be a logistical reason why the LVAW isn't in more widespread use. It's just surprising to me that with it being toted on gun forums as the solution to every problem under the sun that it isn't more widespread after at least 6 years of use.

The guys I'm talking about have gone over to 300 for pretty much everything urban.

I posted a vid of my wife trying the rattler in the PDW shooting thread if anyone is interested in how difficult it is. By the standard of anyone who has ever even heard of PF, she is a complete novice. She was able to reasonably manage it and “enjoyed “ it enough to be looking for another mag after.

I love my Ti 340pd for its purpose and carry it often. I wouldn’t even ask her to try that one . But I do think it’s the best analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    The guys I'm talking about have gone over to 300 for pretty much everything urban.
    Is there any info on ammunition and mags that they use or have found acceptable for use?

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Yes the kit drops in to a standard lower. I can’t say for sure if a law folder would work. Is your goal to get a specific AR stock rather than use one of the MCX options? Because it looks like there are some other adapters available

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod123902.aspx
    I don't know that I would care too much. Goal would basically be to utilize one of my existing SBR lowers rather than pistolizing something to get an ability to fire with stock folded.

which stock I used wouldn't matter much I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Yes the kit drops in to a standard lower. I can’t say for sure if a law folder would work. Is your goal to get a specific AR stock rather than use one of the MCX options? Because it looks like there are some other adapters available

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod123902.aspx
    Dude that's awesome.

I've been thinking I wanted to turn one of my lowers into a BRN-180 for funsies and not wait on Brownells to get their lowers in. That would work great for precisely that. NOW...if Brownells will release a .300BLK 180-upper. That would be awesome.

___

FWIW - I'm going all in on .300BLK. I waited long enough and got rid of all of my 5.56 and 7.62 NATO guns that I no longer have anything in either caliber. Meaning I can move on to .300BLK for short to medium range and 6.5CM for long range stuff.

User Tag List