Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk Tactical Ready Series

Im going all in on 2011s.

Just going to try a bunch of different mags and then get prepared to tune.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Im going all in on 2011s.

Just going to try a bunch of different mags and then get prepared to tune.

That’s a bold choice

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    That’s a bold choice
    Living on the edge.

My glocks are going nowhere...

I don't doubt there are some reliable STI Staccato Ps out there. At the same time, as we discussed in the Teach me about STI guns thread, there seems to be reports that center around some 2020 production guns. Sounds like too many things changed all at once on the lower - G2 grip, magazine base pads, magazine release...now there are interoperability issues depending on magazine basepad/magwell combinations, as well as some out-of-spec magazine release keys that got into the system. On other forums, there are posts claiming that GEN3 STI magazines are on the way. This wouldn't be the first time that a firearms manufacturer made some running changes to a production pistol that resulted in some issues that needed to be ironed out.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

STI has repeatedly claimed the issue with the mags for the current staccatos is due to over insertion of the mag due to a batch of bad mag catches.

Anyone have any details on Gen 3 mags?

I've seen references to a "GEN3" magazine pop up in other forums, but nothing definitive from STI. However, it appears that the 2020 magazine base pads have backwards compatibility issues with the 2019 and prior year magwells. Apparently the basepad was redesigned to combat over insertion and this created a problem with older pistols. There's a discussion in the Lightfighter thread about this issue. Not sure if the "GEN3" magazine will simply incorporate revised base pads that will be compatible with prior production years, or if it portends additional revisions.

All speculation until STI comments.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm with Duke on this.

The double stack "1911" racegun as duty gun has been tried before. I like 1911 style pistols as much as anyone, but I'm more than a bit skeptical about this sudden resurgence of them as duty quality gear. I get the feeling there are bits of the story that somehow isn't making it into the instagram posts.

YMMV.
    Pretty good hunch.

People are getting free shit and attempting to drive their own business with a "free" platform ie instagram, twatter, bookface etc. In this day and age, its SO easy to advertise and to gain traction for whatever you're attempting to hock.

I'm not implying that you're implying anything and I'M certainly not implying that there is a disingenuous spread of information here but if you really dig, there are a ton of reports that are taking contrarian viewpoints to the big names...

My duty Glock magazines look like absolute garbage. They've been dropped on concrete numerous times, gravel, numerous times and they still run. Regardless, I replace the mags that I carry every year at in Service with new mags that are vetted. Is this overkill? Absolutely. The old mags get put into training rotation. I would NOT want to do this with something like an STI mag regardless of a gen 2 status that will more than likely NEVER be as reliable as a Glock magazine. Its not so much a matter of cost (which is a factor) but with my natural skepticism of all things 2011 for really hard use.
    Last edited by Magsz; 04-16-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Gen 3 mags have been out for some time and come with the new STI pistols, it features a new base pad to prevent over-insertion. Gen 2 mag on left, Gen 3 mag on right.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    Gen 3 mags have been out for some time and come with the new STI pistols, it features a new base pad to prevent over-insertion. Gen 2 mag on left, Gen 3 mag on right.
    Is that the only difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ed Cameron said the trigger was nearly 5 pounds on my pistol when he measured it, and the grip safety required so much effort to disengage it, it became the complete focus of my shooting. I have dozens of 1911 pistols, most of which were built for defense not competition, and I wouldn’t accept that on any of them. $2,500 is not high end but still a significant amount, and not something I have experienced on a 1911, whether built or modified by Heinie, Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer, JoJo’s, 10-8, or others. I can’t imagine someone that has experienced good 1911 pistols thinking this was good.
    I actually like a 5lbs trigger with a rolling break in my 1911s

User Tag List