Page 105 of 209 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2083

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

re: 300blk >9" barrels and twist rates...

Are there guidelines on the relationship between twist rate and bullet weight?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have avoided 300BO for a very long time but this thread is determined to drag me into yet another caliber to load.
    As a non LE/mil user, while I use 5.56 for training, I think .300 BLK is incredibly useful because of how it performs out of a short barrel, which gives you a very compact thing that launches .30 caliber Barnes projectiles at a velocity likely to expand at reasonable engagement distances. That it might do double duty and penetrate a bear’s skull is icing on the cake.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just ordered half a case of the Barnes 110 TX stuff recommended earlier. Any recommendations for cheaper general training ammo out of the 5.5 inch rattler?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To my ears, an unsuppressed eight inch .300 with Barnes 110 sounds like a sixteen inch 5.56. Anyone have relative decibels?
    @Hansohn Brothers
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I just ordered half a case of the Barnes 110 TX stuff recommended earlier. Any recommendations for cheaper general training ammo out of the 5.5 inch rattler?
    I picked up a case of Magtech 123gr ball. It functions fine in my Rattler but it is not very accurate. I lucked into a couple of hundred Hornady 110 V Max rounds at a great price. They are accurate. I saw your earlier post on those for social use. Interesting. I'm using the GMX round.

I don't reload nor does my reloading buddy. He's not interested in doing 300 for me. I keep hoping the 300 blkout will gain in popularity but with the Mil looking at other calibers (6.8 etc), this is probably not the case.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I picked up a case of Magtech 123gr ball. It functions fine in my Rattler but it is not very accurate. I lucked into a couple of hundred Hornady 110 V Max rounds at a great price. They are accurate. I saw your earlier post on those for social use. Interesting. I'm using the GMX round.

I don't reload nor does my reloading buddy. He's not interested in doing 300 for me. I keep hoping the 300 blkout will gain in popularity but with the Mil looking at other calibers (6.8 etc), this is probably not the case.

JW
    Thanks. Your posts have been extremely helpful on the rattler front. Reloading is cool but it’s not for me so I’m stuck with factory options. I guess I should have asked if there were any ammo characteristics to stay away from when choosing a cheaper training alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    this is one of those places where their variety of options just gets wholly ridiculous. I actually went there yesterday thinking that if nothing else I could buy a short 300wtf upper to stick on one of my SBRs, and pistol-hippie the thing later on if I liked it. With filtering applied I came up with 15 items of interest, I think, only one of which appears to be in-stock at the moment but which is "on sale" for $110 off ($290 vs list of $400).
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-1...il_length=1717

Figuring out what's what on that list is a mishmosh mess. There are 8 differnt 7.5" barreled uppers there. Eventually they start to make sense if you look at them listed out...
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-1...il_length=1717

PSA 7.5" PHOSPHATE 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/8 2A ARMAMENT M-LOK UPPER - WITH BCG & CH - 516447607

PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/7 NITRIDE 7" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 5165449727
    PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/8 NITRIDE 7" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 516447503

PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/7 PHOSPHATE 7" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH
    PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/8 PHOSPHATE 7" M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 5165447965

PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/8 PHOSPHATE 7" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 5165449636
    PSA 7.5" 300 BLACKOUT 1:8 PHOSPHATE 7" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH

BLEM PSA 7.5" PISTOL-LENGTH 300AAC BLACKOUT 1/8 PHOSPHATE 7" M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 5165447965B
    Aero has some options...

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e...blk-atlas-sone

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e...per-atlas-rone

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    BLK is a cartridge where the component costs may actually pay for reloading with less than a Dillon or equivalent. Seems like most BLK factory ammo is near a buck a round or so. You can pick up appropriate bullets in the $0.25 range, and Starline has brass that is widely regarded as among the best and most durable (for reloading additional cycles). Powder and primers don't add much.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

that's pretty funny. when you posted the first one I was going to ask if anyone knew if a light and sight would fit on the front rail section, and then you added the second with the continuous rail, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    BLK is a cartridge where the component costs may actually pay for reloading with less than a Dillon or equivalent. Seems like most BLK factory ammo is near a buck a round or so. You can pick up appropriate bullets in the $0.25 range, and Starline has brass that is widely regarded as among the best and most durable (for reloading additional cycles). Powder and primers don't add much.
    I think reloading is cool and makes sense in .300 BLK but it’s just not for me.

User Tag List