Page 62 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Name:  2020-04-07 11_28_33-PDW - Google Sheets.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  61.8 KB

Let's talk PDW's

Quick report (pun intended) on the BRT Covert Comp 7.62 on my 7.5” 300 BLK.
    Using 123gr FMJ, the BRT comp was a little less loud, and had slightly less flash than a blast can. Not a huge difference (not much flash anyway), but it does do the job in a smaller package.

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BR...-7-62-p7674675
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-07-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The picture below of a bag is from the Hazard4 web site. For several years now I have been using their Plan B bag in black cordura with a lot more Molle and straps than I like. The one pictured is the Grayman version. Mine arrives Friday. Interior dimensions are 18.75x7x5.5". As I pointed out in an earlier post, just rotate it around to your stomach and go to work. Everything is right there, no big motions required.

Folded, the pistol is 18", unfolded 27". Barrel is 7" 300 BLK with a Wilson Q-Comp. I have shot this a lot at night with nothing on the muzzle and with 147 grain training ammo there was no flash. People I trust were watching. I have about 6000 rounds through this over 5 years, most in training, and it is good to go.

Name:  graymantm-plan-btm-118-l-e35.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  32.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Developer of the Unpredictor target/training system.
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn8FquhytB2rUXeT3Qspxg

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Can anyone with the B&T guns (APC Pro and Pro K and GHM and GHM K) with a folding brace or stock measure the length from the tip of the muzzle device to the rearmost point with the folding brace or stock collapsed? Their website isn’t very good about listing those kinds of specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    APC9 Pro is 15 inches, from muzzle to back, with the side folding brace folded.
    And with a piece of foam across the bottom, as well as the Omega 9K mounted (using the short 3 lug), it fits into one of these:
    https://lbtinc.com/collections/packs...16049584275499

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Can anyone with the B&T guns (APC Pro and Pro K and GHM and GHM K) with a folding brace or stock measure the length from the tip of the muzzle device to the rearmost point with the folding brace or stock collapsed? Their website isn’t very good about listing those kinds of specs.
    GHM9 with tailhook brace collapsed is 19.5 from top to bottom of the tailhook, 18.75 front to back.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I kind of forgot about the Honey Badger in all of this.
    Attachment 51455

And I had completely forgotten about it’s far less expensive sibling, the Sugar Weasel ($1600 for the SW vs $2600 for the HB)
    Attachment 51454
    Heck yeah that seems like the easy button. I don't understand what makes the HB $1000 more than the SW?

B&T also has a 8.75 300BO offering.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Heck yeah that seems like the easy button. I don't understand what makes the HB $1000 more than the SW?
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/q-s...-video-review/

Basically summarized as:

1. The Honey Badger has solid billet receivers that are machined to have the channels in it for the Honey Badger stock. This process makes the Honey Badger upper and lower unique to any other AR on the market. The Sugar Weasel has forged aluminum receivers which are pretty much standard to any AR.
    2. proprietary stock and buffer tube system used on the Honey Badger. The Honey Badger has the stock or brace that slides into the proprietary receivers, and a shortened, proprietary buffer tube and recoil system. The Sugar Weasel has a mil spec buffer tube and an SB Tactical SBA3 Brace.
    3. The Honey Badger currently ships with a Geissele trigger, while the Sugar Weasel has a mil-spec single-stage trigger.
    4. Sugar Weasel only weighs 4 pounds 11 ounces, making it only a few ounces heavier than a Honey Badger at 4 pounds 8 ounces.
    5. the sugar weasel is just a little over two inches longer when collapsed than the Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    B&T also has a 8.75 300BO offering.

At 3000 bucks though, it starts to get a little difficult for me to justify in many respects, unless I'm going all in on .300BLK for all of my needs as an intermediate cartridge. I actually find it easier to justify the LWRCI SMG-45 at 3000 bucks over the .300BLK - it's a smaller package and .45 is going to run as well suppressed as .300. And frankly, .45 is still cheaper to shoot. It's not, obviously, going to be as effective at long range.

Also, the Sig Rattler is smaller than the B&T option and 800 bucks cheaper, I can't help feel the B&T rifle-caliber options are non-starters for many folks.

___

I want to pivot slightly - LWRCI SIX8.

The pistol version is 21" in stock form, with a PDW brace or law folder it can get down into the <20" range no problem. 6.8 seems to offer quite a bit more in long(er) range capabilities than .300BLK and frankly, I've found far more 6.8 SPC ammo out there available than .300. Sure, you end up with a 'snowflake' bolt and magazines. But I'm not heavily invested in 5.56 at all right now, so I have the flexibility to not care about that stuff.

Anyone run one? Particularly with the LWRCI-Magpul magazines? Do they work or not?

___

If you all have specific makes/models of PDWs, please post direct links ideally to the manufacturer's websites.

Right now I'm only interested in full factory guns, in rifle cartridges, with barrels under 10".

Eventually I plan to add 9mm/subguns/PCC but for now my interest is in rifle calibers and it's my chart so...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/q-s...-video-review/

Basically summarized as:

1. The Honey Badger has solid billet receivers that are machined to have the channels in it for the Honey Badger stock. This process makes the Honey Badger upper and lower unique to any other AR on the market. The Sugar Weasel has forged aluminum receivers which are pretty much standard to any AR.
    2. proprietary stock and buffer tube system used on the Honey Badger. The Honey Badger has the stock or brace that slides into the proprietary receivers, and a shortened, proprietary buffer tube and recoil system. The Sugar Weasel has a mil spec buffer tube and an SB Tactical SBA3 Brace.
    3. The Honey Badger currently ships with a Geissele trigger, while the Sugar Weasel has a mil-spec single-stage trigger.
    4. Sugar Weasel only weighs 4 pounds 11 ounces, making it only a few ounces heavier than a Honey Badger at 4 pounds 8 ounces.
    5. the sugar weasel is just a little over two inches longer when collapsed than the Honey Badger

At 3000 bucks though, it starts to get a little difficult for me to justify in many respects, unless I'm going all in on .300BLK for all of my needs as an intermediate cartridge. I actually find it easier to justify the LWRCI SMG-45 at 3000 bucks over the .300BLK - it's a smaller package and .45 is going to run as well suppressed as .300. And frankly, .45 is still cheaper to shoot. It's not, obviously, going to be as effective at long range.

Also, the Sig Rattler is smaller than the B&T option and 800 bucks cheaper, I can't help feel the B&T rifle-caliber options are non-starters for many folks.

___

I want to pivot slightly - LWRCI SIX8.

The pistol version is 21" in stock form, with a PDW brace or law folder it can get down into the <20" range no problem. 6.8 seems to offer quite a bit more in long(er) range capabilities than .300BLK and frankly, I've found far more 6.8 SPC ammo out there available than .300. Sure, you end up with a 'snowflake' bolt and magazines. But I'm not heavily invested in 5.56 at all right now, so I have the flexibility to not care about that stuff.

Anyone run one? Particularly with the LWRCI-Magpul magazines? Do they work or not?

___
    Realistically why do you need longer range capability than 300 BO? I mean if we are just going through mental masturbation thats cool. But if we want to talk about a serious weapon to fill the PDW niche I am not seeing the need to go 6.8.

Im just trying to spend your money Rob B&T to flex on the poors.

User Tag List