Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Speaking of retail and therapy...it'd be nice to find Kleenex.

They need to change the logo to "Trusted Care...If You Can Find It"
    You need me to ship you a box? I bought extra

I may also have 7 cases of ammo that arrived today...

Site Supporter
    Primers, tokarev and ammo, 300 blackout and 5.56 uppers/ammo, ultrasonic cleaner, few other random things.

Basically I've done a year's worth of shopping outside of reloading components in the last week (not much for me though).

Outside of .22LR/9mm/30 cal suppressors, a few Holosun 510's, and a bolt action 300 blackout with a scope, I'm pretty much good for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    First toilet paper, now tissues?
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yep. Everybody's gotta wipe.

When loose-leaf notebook paper starts to run short after we exhaust tissues and napkins, I wonder what'll be the next ''choice-by-default''.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Got any complimentary copies of your book sitting around? Signed or unsigned is fine.

Chris
    Aww, that's cute. You tried to make a joke.

Judging by the alacrity with which you've posted, it is obvious that your only frame of reference for the purpose books serve is in that particular manner.

We all default to our own level of competence. Now, we know yours.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Appreciate the offer. I have been buying in bulk for a few years, so I rarely get way low. I still have a few boxes left from the last order some months back.

Thanks, though.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I am being pecked to death by all the runs to the hardware store to close up all the house projects I am working on finishing up.

I was browsing greenhouse and hoop houses online and pricing out a 10 wheel dump truck of compost or top soil for the garden.

I’ve been trying to avoid all retail therapy as I have some serious job concerns even after Covid. I did buy a G Sight laser bullet that has rejuvenated my dry fire.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Aww, that's cute. You tried to make a joke.

Judging by the alacrity with which you've posted, it is obvious that your only frame of reference for the purpose books serve is in that particular manner.

We all default to our own level of competence. Now, we know yours.
    Why are you implying you didn’t read Samuel Clemens only for the dirty jokes and casual racism?!

I read books like your’s because they are less habit forming than Ambien.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

16 lbs of powder arrived on my porch today. Damn near gave myself a hernia lifting it. My wife ask me what I was going to do with 16 lbs of powder. I told her the revolution needs powder.

I've been thinking about this. If everyone bought up all the ammo there should massive amounts of brass laying around pretty soon.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-31-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I had just sold a Gen 4 Glock, with the intention of getting a Gen 5, maybe a MOS model, right before this all went nuts. I got a good price out of the Gen 4, and maybe with the panic could have got $50 more out of it, but the biggest problem is that every single new Gen 5 Glock 19 in the country suddenly went *POOF* about the time I stopped waffling about to MOS or not to MOS. I didn't really see that coming. Not that fast anyway.

So here I sit, with a wad of cash, and no place local to buy a new Gen5 Glock 19. Most distributors are out of stock as well. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch the post-panic glut of lightly used guns for sale... but the uncertainty has me wishing I had another around, just in case.

I'm lucky, in that my wife and I's jobs are both "essential" and our income likely wont take any sort of hit in the near term... but I am concerned about the stock market and if we are likely heading into another recession or depression. My gut tells me there is going to be a lot of pent up demand once the all clear is sounded. But there are a lot of folks that are getting hammered financially, and a couple grand isn't going to replace two months of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    16 lbs of powder arrived on my porch today. Damn near gave myself a hernia lifting it. My wife ask me what I was going to do with 16 lbs of powder. I told her the revolution needs powder.

I've been thinking about this. If everyone bought up all the ammo there should massive amounts of brass laying around pretty soon.
    Perfect. Now when my wife asks me about the amount of reloading supplies purchased and can just say, “Hey, I didn’t buy sixteen pounds of powder in one go, like Borderland on P-F.”

User Tag List