Page 1647 of 3592 FirstFirst ... 64711471547159716371645164616471648164916571697174721472647 ... LastLast
Results 16,461 to 16,470 of 35913

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Never done it in a bike, just a portion in a bimmer. It was awesome. I'm fond of the ride from Banner Elk to Valle Ctuces too.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  corona dogs.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  TP-ing.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  Vegan food.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  63.1 KB
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's shit alone, and be kind to one another. In other words, do not do unto others what is hateful to yourself.

Site Supporter
    Name:  DistrictUniform.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  35.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    I've never been on a modern submarine, but that berthing area looks just like any one of a number of amphibious ships I deployed on.
    Been underway on the Topeka, Guam, Barnstable County, St. Louis, Kitty Hawk, LaSalle, Kearsarge and one I flat out cannot remember. The Marine berthing compartments on all of them, especially the LHA and LST classes, had less space between the racks. We have five racks between the deck and the overhead.

Oh, and remember that the pipes were all wrapped in asbestos insulation. So you'd sleep with your wubbie (poncho liner) covering you, and then would be a light layer of white dust on you when you rolled out of the rack.

The Med was nice for sleeping. If the seas were calm, you'd sneak out on the weather decks and curl up in an out of the way corner.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Been underway on the Topeka, Guam, Barnstable County, St. Louis, Kitty Hawk, LaSalle, Kearsarge and one I flat out cannot remember.
    I was on the Barnstable County in '91 for UNITAS/WATC 31.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    I was on the Barnstable County in '91 for UNITAS/WATC 31.
    Nice! We need to hoist a beer someday and share UNITAS stories. Best float I ever did.

When I retire, I'm gonna move to Chile and marry some gorgeous female university professor. I love that country. The people are very highly educated, and all the women are tall brunette fashion model gorgeous.

And they make great wine, and have excellent skiing and bolt-action rifles.

My unruly ass was sprinting back onto the ship. Barely made it back before liberty was over, I think I had three minutes to spare.

"Fashionably late, but never UA."

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    We all the wires white Teflon insulated?

When I was a kid, one of the medics who worked with my mom talked about his former life of rewiring British cars with AC Delco parts. Seemed reasonable to me even then.

I'd talk about the tools, connector kits and spools of wire in my garage, but I don't want @RevolverRob to figure out where I live and show up with a Sunbeam one day...
    No worries on that.

Wiring is something I am quite good at and careful with.

Besides, it’s not hard to rewire a car that needs maybe a dozen circuits total, even with a fuel injection system installed...

Name:  iDK3EXI.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Having owned, and loved, a few British cars the electricals tend to be their weak spot.

All praise be to Lucas, prince of darkness! Inventor of the really intermittent wiper, self dimming headlight, and the three position Lucas switch – Dim, Flicker and Off. They say British mechanics love their warm beer - their refrigerators are, of course, made by Lucas. I've heard too Lucas tried to make a vacuum cleaner. It was their only product that didn't suck...

Try the veal, tip your waitress, and, if you're driving a British car, remember to get home before dark!

Seriously I love British cars but their quality control, even in high end models, could be very spotty. The most reliable Jags were probably the early 90's Ford era ones. Reliability or not though the E Types are gorgeous and I'd love to have one for weekend driving.
    As a mechanic for over 30 years, we used to say that Lucas systems and European [Renault, Peugeot, MG] vehicles all had wiring filled with smoke, not copper.
    When the system failed,the smoke came out.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List