Page 6 of 684 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

1301 Tac has an 18" barrel w/3" chamber, ghost ring sights, 3" receiver, and comes with the Pic Rail installed.

1301 Comp has 21" or 24" barrels w/3" chambers, vent rib and bead sight, 3.5" receiver (bigger loading port), receiver is drilled for pic rail but it is not included ($65 option from Beretta).

Both have 5 round magazines, but a variety of vendors make magazine extensions.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Buy a 1301 for 3 Gun and/or primarily shooting shot. Buy the Tactical is your priority is defensive use with slugs and buck.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

does the 1301 Tactical have a removable pic rail on the receiver? Or is it built in?

Just handled a 1301 Tactical at a local Scheels. Felt really nice. I'd be seriously jonesing for it if I didn't already have an M1S90. Asking price was just under $1K.

Re: Mounting a light. Is there a reason that you couldn't mount a chunk of rail to the forend where you wanted and add an Inforce WML?

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post

Re: Mounting a light. Is there a reason that you couldn't mount a chunk of rail to the forend where you wanted and add an Inforce WML?
    I believe, based on having Jim Brockman look at the TX4, that there isn't enough material/clearance to be able to screw the trail to the fore end, hence the Briley extension or custom mount Brockman made for me that clamps to the barrel.

Here is a good quick 2 minute video from the competition perspective on the 21" 1301 comp. Good to hear that it shoots slugs well. Looks like the receiver may need to be open just a little bit more to load two by two.

Site Supporter
    What about mounting a light to the barrel? I am using an RS Regulate BM-12 and Vltor light mount to mount a Surefire Fury to my Remington 870 barrel just ahead of the barrel guide ring/magazine cap (it has just a standard vanilla 4-round mag, so I couldn't mount a light to the mag tube).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Why wouldn't they stretch out the magazine tube enough to fit a 6th round? 6+1 is fairly standard as a minimum for a tactical shotgun, no? Mossberg 930 holds 7+1. There is even a gap there at the end of the tube. With the platform's biggest downside as a defensive weapon being capacity, why wouldn't they fill that thing up as much as possible?
    Because then it wouldn't be legal to import. Here's a discussion about 922(r) and Benelli shotguns...

http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

There is a question, and I don't know on the 1301 what the US component count is, the 3 gun guys certainly are bolting long mag tubes on.

I am away from my shotgun but next week I can post a pic of the custom clamp Brockman made. It is trickier than you might think because of the long fore arm.

I don't know why people get all wound around the axle on 922(r). Basically, unless you're an importer, distributor, or retail FFL selling imported firearms, it appears that you have basically zero chance of someone hassling you about 922(r) compliance. What you do to your imported 922(r) compliant firearm after it's sold to you, the end-user, is pretty much up to you.

The only exception that I give any credibility to is someone taking imported 922(r) firearms out of country (e.g. to an IPSC world meet) and then bringing them back in. And even then I've never been able to find any documented evidence of this being a problem.

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice. But I've done some digging on this and every example of someone getting busted for 922(r) compliance issues is a party upstream of the end-user, and the 922(r) charges are usually part of a whole passel of violations.

Beretta can't sell you the 1301 in a configuration which violates 922(r), because they're the importer. Likewise, it would be problematic for your transferring FFL to modify your 1301 and take it out of compliance before you took delivery of it. Once it's in the end-user's hands, though, they could trade the stock mag tube cap for a mag extension before they left the store.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

User Tag List