Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPSA Nationals

It's interesting to see comments that Eric is helping Ben train etc, I was under the impression that Eric is basically training Svetlana most of the time now.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Vogel's Open gun is an iron sighted G17 if I recall correctly.

Yes: See here.
    I'm confused. That page says iron sights, and the "Weapons" page has this:
    USPSA Open Class

Glock 17 KKM barrel; SJC Major Compensator; J-point/Doctor slide mounted optics; Dawson Ice Magwell; Taylor Freelance basepads; Safariland 014 Competition holster and Safariland mag pouches.
    Or is the Accomplishments just referencing his initial classification in Open?

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    It's interesting to see comments that Eric is helping Ben train etc, I was under the impression that Eric is basically training Svetlana most of the time now.
    I thought she hired Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    I'm confused. That page says iron sights, and the "Weapons" page has this:

Or is the Accomplishments just referencing his initial classification in Open?
    No idea, but since I sort of brought it up I'll speculate.

USPSA records show the Bob has only 12 open classifier stages on record. Six shot the same day in 2008 and six shot the same day in 2009. No doubt these were special 'classifier' matches that clubs sometimes run to let people get a lot of classifier stages on record quickly and obtain a classification.

I think USPSA requires at least one classifier for each club level match (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and the overall results at big matches are often deemed to be a classifier themselves, which would suggest those two matches are the only time he's competed in Open (because otherwise he'd have more classifiers on record.)

In 2008 he didn't shoot well enough to be classified a GM. In 2009 he did. If he says he classified with a G17, then he must have been shooting a G17 that day in 2009. What he shot in 2008 or when he's playing around or practicing I wouldn't now. Maybe he has an Open gun to goof off or to practice with.

There's also the slight possibility that he was bumped to Open for those two matches due to a Production rules violation (holster too far forward? welcome to Open), though I doubt that's what happened.

That's all the thought I'll give to this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirofijo2001 View Post
    I think USPSA requires at least one classifier for each club level match (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and the overall results at big matches are often deemed to be a classifier themselves, which would suggest those two matches are the only time he's competed in Open (because otherwise he'd have more classifiers on record.)
    Just chiming in: you don't need to run a classifier at the club level each time... I think he just shot two classifier matches for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    JJ RACAZA 87.590% (Caracal)
    No recall for JJ?
    FYI,

Only the compact models (C) have been fully recalled. The full size (F) pistols were recalled and replaced, last spring.

User Tag List