Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's list good shooting/self-defense/survival/tactics blogs

It is not technically a blog, but the monthly newsletters that Paul Howe posts have been something I have followed for a while now:

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/news.htm

You can also view the older ones in the "published articles" section.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    It is not technically a blog, but the monthly newsletters that Paul Howe posts have been something I have followed for a while now:

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/news.htm

You can also view the older ones in the "published articles" section.
    Yes, there is some good stuff in his newsletters.

On a similar note, Kyle Defoor used to have a blog with some good stuff. He's on Tumblr now and it's more pic-oriented rather than articles. If you can find his old blog (I couldn't in a quick search), it's well worth reading the old posts.

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    And for an alternative look at some common issues, I like to plug my own blog:
    http://thinkinggunfighter.blogspot.com/
    I'm reading your blog now. Two thumbs up.

Not a blog exactly, more of an E-newsletter, The Tactical Wire comes to your e-mail twice a week.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirofijo2001 View Post
    On a similar note, Kyle Defoor used to have a blog with some good stuff. He's on Tumblr now and it's more pic-oriented rather than articles. If you can find his old blog (I couldn't in a quick search), it's well worth reading the old posts.
    You can read the first post here and then use the archive list at the bottom of the page to get to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirofijo2001 View Post
    I'm reading your blog now. Two thumbs up.
    Thanks! The more the merrier. Also I'm always in the market for topics or writings from others that might fit the format.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    Check out RECOIL magazine which has a TON of comparison and how-to's for guns and gear and all the gear featured is shown with a price and where to find it. They just started a new sister magazine called OFFGRID whixh focuses more of survival gear tips tricks and tactics with the same stuff as regards to cost and where to get it.
    I have been VERY impressed with Recoil and Off Grid since the great screwup that resulted in Ian taking over as editor. They have redefined the gun magazine for the modern shooter and along with SWAT, are the only rags Ill send my money on. I know some people still have issue with the publisher but you can not deny the quality and veracity of the current writing staff. They are bringing the heavy hitters as of late.

Howe's newsletter is always a great read and I'm a fan of his methods and teaching.

Defore's blog is http://www.kyledefoor.com/?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That's his homepage but I don't think you'll find a portal to his old blog or any links to the informative articles anywhere that page. Use the link Todd provided a few posts up to get to the old blog posts.

User Tag List