Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
Another shining example of why I don't care for "Competition".

People who are more concerned with saving time than safe handling of firearms are not who I want to be around.
I'd put folks who feel the need to bag their guns when not shooting as a bigger safety hazard than those who have holsters that don't drop guns and instead leave them holstered. IPSC may be different than USPSA/IDPA because of the European influence as far as who's professional enough (don't know, never done it) to overlook things like grabbing and leaving dropped guns or clearing them behind shooters. Locally that would get called out.

I'm not interested in the race side of competition and just shoot & RO local matches. We have plenty of gamers and racers but no one plays fast and loose with safety. Can't imagine wearing a holster that will lose my gun from anything short of an acrobatics routine.
I want to use gear that at least comes close to anything I might carry.

A few of us routinely swap the duties of RO and shooter during the matches. Per the rules if (between shoots) a shooter's cold gun hits the ground everything stops and an RO picks it up (locally we'll find out why it hit the ground and what has to change to fix it). If it happens again (hasn't happened the first time with us) the shooter will be invited to get better gear before they shoot again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
I also miss the logic of many of the rules, conditions, etc. when it comes to safety and equipment in IPSC or IDPA.
Mainly to blunt the impact of the "my finger is my safety" crowd (they either adjust attitude quickly or go elsewhere).
Cold range (DQ offense)- In case some doofus' holster drops his 1911 with a 2 lb trigger job the gun won't go off.

No gun handling except in safe area and no ammo in safe area(DQ offense)- No "Lemme see that new blaster of yours" or "Blam, blam" while practicing draws.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
IPSC sometimes gives me the impression that Sarah Brady is on their Board of Directors: EVERYONE needs to do x-y-z because SOMEONE was irresponsible once! Punish wrongdoers, don't regulate every aspect of everyone else's life.
LOL - New proposed IPSC rule. No live ammo or guns. You will make "pew-pew" noises when engaging targets with finger guns. Scoring will be decided by a panel of international judges on style.