Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rabid Bobcat Ambushes AZ Quail Hunters....

They were probably more concerned with shooting it than anything else. It's like chasing boars into the brush.. The why is eluding

A friend of a family friend up here in WA was hunting Bobcats with hounds and the dogs had one cornered on the ground. The guy stepped in to finish it off and the cat saw an escape route...right up the front of said guy. Clawed the bunny out of him up one side and down the other.

On another hunt, my dad went with the family friend to check his trap line. He had a bobcat in a snare and my dad took some pictures. While snapping away, he could see chunks of snare wire be ripped off by the bobcat's teeth. They finished him before he could get loose.

Don't squirrel with bobcats!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...src=SOC&dom=fb

This idiot is a couple milliseconds from having
    a Bobcat rip his face off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

That dude is an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Some people act like they have never watched Alien
    Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Genius.
    Don't be like Tom Skerritt...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

^^^Whoa. You're old school, dude.

A buddy and I were walking through some dry creek beds at his ranch during deer season several years ago. At one point we heard something and looked up to see a bobcat peering at us from the bank which was about 10' high at that point. We both had rifles with us, he said he wanted to shoot it, so I left my gun slung on my shoulder while he took aim and missed - that's right, he missed with a scoped rifle from about 25' - the bobcat jumped down, landed right in front of me, started to come right at my face and then turned and ran away. I was reaching for my knife but would have been way behind the power curve if he had gone in a different direction.

Turns out, as he was lowering his rifle from the stand that morning it had taken a pretty good hit to the scope, zero was off by about a foot at 100 yards, he didn't think about that until after the near-mauling...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Turns out, as he was lowering his rifle from the stand that morning it had taken a pretty good hit to the scope, zero was off by about a foot at 100 yards, he didn't think about that until after the near-mauling...
    I get funny looks sometimes for all the paranoia with which I double check stuff with my pistol, even if it's just at a match or etc. This is a good reminder to do that with rifles, even if I'm "just" going hunting...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List