Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Travel in California

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Let me try one last time.

I have six 15 round magazines for my VP9 with me in my RV. People tell me I can't bring or possess them in CA.

So, before I arrive, I plan to mail them, either to me in FL, or a helpful person along my route. Then, I'll either pick them up at said friend's house after we leave CA, or I'll just collect them when I get back to Tampa.

Make sense?
    Well that wasn't so hard. Malamute quoting you posting about 6-8 round mags didn't help, either.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Well that wasn't so hard. Malamute quoting you posting about 6-8 round mags didn't help, either.
    Sorry for the confusion. The part of the quote I should have bolded was "Well...shoot. Thanks, appreciate it. I will plan appropriately"

Another mail option, mail them to himself at any town along the way by General Delivery. They will hold them up to 30 days I believe, and you just ask for them at the window and they go look in the General Delivery stuff. Theoretically, you could mail them to yourself at the same post office, basically paying postage rate for them to hold them until you get back out of Cal.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-28-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Ok, back with an update question on this.

The Boss wants to visit Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Napa Valley and tour the Pacific Coast Highway this next trip this summer.

Has anything changed with respect to high-capacity magazines possession in California?

Even if disassembled into component parts?

Context has changed for me slightly, I still have the VP9, but have added a P30SK.

Thanks for any info reflecting the latest CA laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sir - 10 rounders and parts kits still a no go.

bring factory 10 rounders or 10 round "permanently" blocked mags.

You can fall back to mailing to yourself if you don't want to be without them for the rest of your trip. If you know any town youll be in within the next 30 days of sending them, you should be good. Using your own home address for the return will send them there if you cant make it to the planned pickup for some reason.

Be aware that the San Francisco bay area now has some restrictions on possession certain brands/types of "law enforcement" JHP ammo.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

^^^ Thanks guys.

User Tag List